Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 144
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by guybb3 View Post
    Did you do anything with the air intake (besides the IMUK of course)?
    He purchased the short stack intake from JP Racing.


  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by ataggart View Post
    He purchased the short stack intake from JP Racing.
    Ah, is that the one with 90 intake of the supercharger?

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by guybb3 View Post
    Ah, is that the one with 90 intake of the supercharger?
    Yes.

  4. +1 by:


  5. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by SIECIKSuc View Post
    Soo Here is the update...


    I went through a ton of research and talked to a bunch of people at Riva, Fizzle, JPRacing, and some salty seadogs on Long Island who have lots of experience...
    I can't say enough about the folks who are in this industry who really want to help and not just sell you their shit.
    Everyone of the folks I talked to with very few exceptions was honest and upfront about what they thought, and what they had seen in practice even if it meant not going with their product.
    Big shout out to Jesus G at Riva, James at Fizzel and JP at JP Racing for taking the time to discuss everything in depth and have patience and enthusiasm for someone who is getting back into this stuff.

    I ended up going with the following:

    1. Maptuner X License + cable (my buddy with a GP1800R just got a stage 1+ kit so he got the tuner and I am using that to load my license and saving some $)
    2. Riva IMUK
    3. Riva Rear Through hull Exhaust
    4. Riva Pro-Series Waterbox
    5. Fizzle SuperCooler + Tubing Upgrade Kit
    6. Fizzle Catch Can
    7. JP Racing 4" Short Stack Style Intake
    8. Supersized Water Strainer w/install kit

    The total shipped came out to $2500 and I think that was pretty solid all around.

    I also picked up a Vbox Sport so I can actually put numbers down and have some accuracy.
    I dropped her off at my shop last Friday, I was hoping to get out on the water and do some pulls to register a baseline before the work was done... but that didn't happen.
    The rain and the weather were pretty shit on LI last weekend (Friday especially) so I don't have a baseline besides last years run's on the Dash at 79mph at the mid-end of summer after SCOM install.

    I also decided to add in a 800GPH bilge pump and have it plumed to where I can see it spitting near the front of the ski, this way I got some protection there... I know it's not a failsafe, but hell it's better than nothing.

    I honestly don't know where I am going to end up on the dash, or in reality (Vbox) but I have high hopes. I at least think I will be able to keep the edge on my buddies 2019' Stage 1 + GP1800R.
    Last year I had him with the SCOM and it drove him crazy that I would just walk away on the top end as he hit the GPS limit.

    I am thinking about going with the Stage 2 IMUK Tune 8500, or the Stage 2 300 8500 AGR TP, Jesus G let me know that basically anything 8500 or below is good for what I got, and that next thing I want to do is Valvework/retainers if I want to go above that... Not sure if the IMUK tune or the AGR (I assume that means Aggressive, TP? Throttle Position?) Not sure if that is for the IMUK tune and just more aggressive or what?

    I should have the ski back by the middle of next week, really looking forward to taking some pulls and seeing where I end up and also taking some videos of the exhaust sound with the waterbox and through hull...

    Anyone have any pointers or suggestions please feel free to jump in!

    Thanks,

    Any updates since you've posted? I am in the process of pricing everything out for my '19. I am looking at possibly going down the same path as you with some minor differences. But my main concern is tuning. After speaking a little bit with JP, I am interested with going with his tuning. But at the same time Riva's tuning process would just be easier, but I am not planning on using a lot of Riva's parts.

    Thanks!

  6. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by SIECIKSuc View Post
    Soo Here is the update...


    I went through a ton of research and talked to a bunch of people at Riva, Fizzle, JPRacing, and some salty seadogs on Long Island who have lots of experience...
    I can't say enough about the folks who are in this industry who really want to help and not just sell you their shit.
    Everyone of the folks I talked to with very few exceptions was honest and upfront about what they thought, and what they had seen in practice even if it meant not going with their product.
    Big shout out to Jesus G at Riva, James at Fizzel and JP at JP Racing for taking the time to discuss everything in depth and have patience and enthusiasm for someone who is getting back into this stuff.

    I ended up going with the following:

    1. Maptuner X License + cable (my buddy with a GP1800R just got a stage 1+ kit so he got the tuner and I am using that to load my license and saving some $)
    2. Riva IMUK
    3. Riva Rear Through hull Exhaust
    4. Riva Pro-Series Waterbox
    5. Fizzle SuperCooler + Tubing Upgrade Kit
    6. Fizzle Catch Can
    7. JP Racing 4" Short Stack Style Intake
    8. Supersized Water Strainer w/install kit

    The total shipped came out to $2500 and I think that was pretty solid all around.

    I also picked up a Vbox Sport so I can actually put numbers down and have some accuracy.
    I dropped her off at my shop last Friday, I was hoping to get out on the water and do some pulls to register a baseline before the work was done... but that didn't happen.
    The rain and the weather were pretty shit on LI last weekend (Friday especially) so I don't have a baseline besides last years run's on the Dash at 79mph at the mid-end of summer after SCOM install.

    I also decided to add in a 800GPH bilge pump and have it plumed to where I can see it spitting near the front of the ski, this way I got some protection there... I know it's not a failsafe, but hell it's better than nothing.

    I honestly don't know where I am going to end up on the dash, or in reality (Vbox) but I have high hopes. I at least think I will be able to keep the edge on my buddies 2019' Stage 1 + GP1800R.
    Last year I had him with the SCOM and it drove him crazy that I would just walk away on the top end as he hit the GPS limit.

    I am thinking about going with the Stage 2 IMUK Tune 8500, or the Stage 2 300 8500 AGR TP, Jesus G let me know that basically anything 8500 or below is good for what I got, and that next thing I want to do is Valvework/retainers if I want to go above that... Not sure if the IMUK tune or the AGR (I assume that means Aggressive, TP? Throttle Position?) Not sure if that is for the IMUK tune and just more aggressive or what?

    I should have the ski back by the middle of next week, really looking forward to taking some pulls and seeing where I end up and also taking some videos of the exhaust sound with the waterbox and through hull...

    Anyone have any pointers or suggestions please feel free to jump in!

    Thanks,
    It is very confusing sometimes, some say above 8400 you need retainers and if i see you’re story there is no problem until 8500rpm.
    I my self have a xt 300 19 and with the vtech stage 2 8500rpm tune with stock prop i saw 8460.
    So what do you guys think leave it like this and do valve train upgrade next year when i do the stage 3 tune.

  7. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by ataggart View Post
    Any updates since you've posted? I am in the process of pricing everything out for my '19. I am looking at possibly going down the same path as you with some minor differences. But my main concern is tuning. After speaking a little bit with JP, I am interested with going with his tuning. But at the same time Riva's tuning process would just be easier, but I am not planning on using a lot of Riva's parts.

    Thanks!

    Soo update is pending still unfortunately....

    I brought my ski into my dealer for the work two weeks ago. I was sort of in the middle of the line so to speak and they had some issues at the dealership that were unforeseen (construction and whatnot not my ski).
    In addition to that the weather had been kinda shitty and they weren't getting a lot of bay tests done. After a bit of trying and not getting answers I headed out there on Friday and just showed up.
    My ski was still in pieces and the kid working on it Pete (who knows his shit, and is a hard worker) was basically like, the work is taking longer than they expected and he keeps getting pulled off the job to handle other easier shit to get skis in the water... Wasting 8 hours doing my work gets 1 ski in, and people are all corona freaking out and trying to get on the water so more skis in the water the better...

    I was pissed about it more because I understand the situation they are in, but also want my damn ski done.
    Had they told me from the start it wasn't going to be done, I would have felt better about it and prob still let them do the work instead of doing it on my own/having someone else do it.

    At this point, the weather has kinda been shitty on LI anyway for the weekend, so I just let it roll...
    I did get to see that the ski had the exhaust cut, and the racebox installed and the strainer and bilge pump laid out to be installed but the exhaust wasn't fully fitted and I didn't know if the tune was done.
    The kid Pete was pretty stressed out, and understandably so he was hustling hard so I tried to do right by him, and let him know to take his time and get things done right and I believe he will.

    I took some photos on the phone, and will try to attach them but I will have to get REAL updates sometime next weekend I guess.
    I am going to call them tomorrow and I sincerely hope they can give me a real date/time this is going to be done.

    That being said, I also got to take out my buddies GP1800R as his ski was finished before mine, at the same dealer (he dropped it off 2 weeks+ before I dropped mine off and got it back like Saturday before MDW...
    He was telling me that the ski was scary fast, and that it was borderline uncontrollable. I thought he was being a sissy honestly as he just had the Stage 1+ kit put in... Well I got to beat on it at a little yesterday and DAMN it was sketchy. The throttle response on the ski was so twitchy and so hair trigger that in the 4 foot chop in Patchogue it was a shit show. The ski felt completely unpredictable, skipping around and the power-ban hit so fast and hard at lower end you could feel the ski cavatating and the engine literally rumbling under your ass. When the ski did hook up it was ROCKET out of the water regardless of trim settings, and just "wheelie" straight up an down. You had to really ride forward to keep her level getting air consistently and you would bury the face of the ski every time taking a wall of water to the face. If I am honest, the ski would prob be a complete and total monster on a river/lake and would be hella fun in flat water but it was unridable in chop to the point of being pretty damn miserable. I've never felt less in control on a ski in my life. I do wish I had ridden his ski before any of this work was done so I could compare, but riding with him all last summer his general feeling was it was less stable than the RXT-X for sure and more flighty. That now has seemed to been taken to the extreme. We talked about it afterwards and he was relieved that I could validate his feelings on it because he was thinking about detuning at this point given how unrideable it was in South Shore normal conditions (it's always pretty choppy).

    At this point I am actually a little worried about my ski being somewhat similar...
    I will say that on the RXT-X I have always always felt extremely planted and almost heavy handed with regards to stability. The ski went where you wanted it to go, and held course and was extremely predictable. Once in a blue moon you would catch a sponson and get a little hooked in a direction but it was nothing at all like the Yamaha. I think the hull has a lot to do with the feeling and the general size and weight differences. I hope my ski puts the power into a more usable arc. I would rather have nice consistent power throughout a range, with a nice long top end for when you have the days to push it than to have it feel like a dragster's torque strapped to a model airplane...

    I promise I will have some updates as soon as I get her back.
    I also have a Vbox now, so I will be running some real tests as well, and I got a new GoPro Max so I should be able to put some cool 360 video together too I hope

    I can't wait for this week to be over already now!!! hahah

  8. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by SIECIKSuc View Post
    Soo update is pending still unfortunately....

    I brought my ski into my dealer for the work two weeks ago. I was sort of in the middle of the line so to speak and they had some issues at the dealership that were unforeseen (construction and whatnot not my ski).
    In addition to that the weather had been kinda shitty and they weren't getting a lot of bay tests done. After a bit of trying and not getting answers I headed out there on Friday and just showed up.
    My ski was still in pieces and the kid working on it Pete (who knows his shit, and is a hard worker) was basically like, the work is taking longer than they expected and he keeps getting pulled off the job to handle other easier shit to get skis in the water... Wasting 8 hours doing my work gets 1 ski in, and people are all corona freaking out and trying to get on the water so more skis in the water the better...

    I was pissed about it more because I understand the situation they are in, but also want my damn ski done.
    Had they told me from the start it wasn't going to be done, I would have felt better about it and prob still let them do the work instead of doing it on my own/having someone else do it.

    At this point, the weather has kinda been shitty on LI anyway for the weekend, so I just let it roll...
    I did get to see that the ski had the exhaust cut, and the racebox installed and the strainer and bilge pump laid out to be installed but the exhaust wasn't fully fitted and I didn't know if the tune was done.
    The kid Pete was pretty stressed out, and understandably so he was hustling hard so I tried to do right by him, and let him know to take his time and get things done right and I believe he will.

    I took some photos on the phone, and will try to attach them but I will have to get REAL updates sometime next weekend I guess.
    I am going to call them tomorrow and I sincerely hope they can give me a real date/time this is going to be done.

    That being said, I also got to take out my buddies GP1800R as his ski was finished before mine, at the same dealer (he dropped it off 2 weeks+ before I dropped mine off and got it back like Saturday before MDW...
    He was telling me that the ski was scary fast, and that it was borderline uncontrollable. I thought he was being a sissy honestly as he just had the Stage 1+ kit put in... Well I got to beat on it at a little yesterday and DAMN it was sketchy. The throttle response on the ski was so twitchy and so hair trigger that in the 4 foot chop in Patchogue it was a shit show. The ski felt completely unpredictable, skipping around and the power-ban hit so fast and hard at lower end you could feel the ski cavatating and the engine literally rumbling under your ass. When the ski did hook up it was ROCKET out of the water regardless of trim settings, and just "wheelie" straight up an down. You had to really ride forward to keep her level getting air consistently and you would bury the face of the ski every time taking a wall of water to the face. If I am honest, the ski would prob be a complete and total monster on a river/lake and would be hella fun in flat water but it was unridable in chop to the point of being pretty damn miserable. I've never felt less in control on a ski in my life. I do wish I had ridden his ski before any of this work was done so I could compare, but riding with him all last summer his general feeling was it was less stable than the RXT-X for sure and more flighty. That now has seemed to been taken to the extreme. We talked about it afterwards and he was relieved that I could validate his feelings on it because he was thinking about detuning at this point given how unrideable it was in South Shore normal conditions (it's always pretty choppy).

    At this point I am actually a little worried about my ski being somewhat similar...
    I will say that on the RXT-X I have always always felt extremely planted and almost heavy handed with regards to stability. The ski went where you wanted it to go, and held course and was extremely predictable. Once in a blue moon you would catch a sponson and get a little hooked in a direction but it was nothing at all like the Yamaha. I think the hull has a lot to do with the feeling and the general size and weight differences. I hope my ski puts the power into a more usable arc. I would rather have nice consistent power throughout a range, with a nice long top end for when you have the days to push it than to have it feel like a dragster's torque strapped to a model airplane...

    I promise I will have some updates as soon as I get her back.
    I also have a Vbox now, so I will be running some real tests as well, and I got a new GoPro Max so I should be able to put some cool 360 video together too I hope

    I can't wait for this week to be over already now!!! hahah
    Thanks for the update. Definitely let us know. Like I said still on the fence with tuning. I believe the GPs dont ride as nice anyways. You are used to the Cadillac CTS-V of a PWC.

  9. #28

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Jax,FL
    Posts
    4,704
    +1
    956
    Quote Originally Posted by SIECIKSuc View Post
    Soo update is pending still unfortunately....



    That being said, I also got to take out my buddies GP1800R as his ski was finished before mine, at the same dealer (he dropped it off 2 weeks+ before I dropped mine off and got it back like Saturday before MDW...
    He was telling me that the ski was scary fast, and that it was borderline uncontrollable. I thought he was being a sissy honestly as he just had the Stage 1+ kit put in... Well I got to beat on it at a little yesterday and DAMN it was sketchy. The throttle response on the ski was so twitchy and so hair trigger that in the 4 foot chop in Patchogue it was a shit show. The ski felt completely unpredictable, skipping around and the power-ban hit so fast and hard at lower end you could feel the ski cavatating and the engine literally rumbling under your ass. When the ski did hook up it was ROCKET out of the water regardless of trim settings, and just "wheelie" straight up an down. You had to really ride forward to keep her level getting air consistently and you would bury the face of the ski every time taking a wall of water to the face. If I am honest, the ski would prob be a complete and total monster on a river/lake and would be hella fun in flat water but it was unridable in chop to the point of being pretty damn miserable. I've never felt less in control on a ski in my life. I do wish I had ridden his ski before any of this work was done so I could compare, but riding with him all last summer his general feeling was it was less stable than the RXT-X for sure and more flighty. That now has seemed to been taken to the extreme. We talked about it afterwards and he was relieved that I could validate his feelings on it because he was thinking about detuning at this point given how unrideable it was in South Shore normal conditions (it's always pretty choppy).

    At this point I am actually a little worried about my ski being somewhat similar...
    I will say that on the RXT-X I have always always felt extremely planted and almost heavy handed with regards to stability. The ski went where you wanted it to go, and held course and was extremely predictable. Once in a blue moon you would catch a sponson and get a little hooked in a direction but it was nothing at all like the Yamaha. I think the hull has a lot to do with the feeling and the general size and weight differences. I hope my ski puts the power into a more usable arc. I would rather have nice consistent power throughout a range, with a nice long top end for when you have the days to push it than to have it feel like a dragster's torque strapped to a model airplane...

    I promise I will have some updates as soon as I get her back.
    I also have a Vbox now, so I will be running some real tests as well, and I got a new GoPro Max so I should be able to put some cool 360 video together too I hope

    I can't wait for this week to be over already now!!! hahah
    My buddy who had an RXTX borrowed another friend of his GP1800 stage 1 (not sur if it was plus or not), He said it was super sketchy feeling. I ran him on my PX (slightly modified of course) and blistered him.

  10. #29

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Jax,FL
    Posts
    4,704
    +1
    956
    I've ridden an rxtx up around 85gps and it was super stable...except that going 85 in itself is scary...or maybe i'm getting old or been pitched off at over 80 one to many times.

    You'll love the vbox sport, the PC software is very good. If you ride in salt water take a little silicone spray and hit those screws on the bottom of the unit, mine got rusted pretty quick. Other than that it's held up pretty well. I did have to the memory slot repaired at one point and the case cracked but they fixed it reasonably inexpensive. I would say use it as needed but don't keep it on the ski all the time. It's pretty tough but a ski is still a very rough environment.

  11. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post
    I've ridden an rxtx up around 85gps and it was super stable...except that going 85 in itself is scary...or maybe i'm getting old or been pitched off at over 80 one to many times.

    You'll love the vbox sport, the PC software is very good. If you ride in salt water take a little silicone spray and hit those screws on the bottom of the unit, mine got rusted pretty quick. Other than that it's held up pretty well. I did have to the memory slot repaired at one point and the case cracked but they fixed it reasonably inexpensive. I would say use it as needed but don't keep it on the ski all the time. It's pretty tough but a ski is still a very rough environment.

    Thanks for the heads up. I will be sure to keep it clean and I only plan on using it sparingly for testing and so on.
    I don't mind the top end, I think that she will be stable there, as I been up to 79 on the dash, (not 100% accurate) and it felt perfectly balanced and happy.
    I am worried that the throttle response will be too hyper or twitchy and it will be all or nothing which makes riding in heavy chop a nightmare and more exhausting then it needs to be.

    I can't wait to get this damn thing back though and have a real update for everyone...

    Also going to start a post about Gopro mounts...
    I really want to get a good setup for my rig. I think the 360 videos on a ski could be really really amazing with the right setup/POV.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2019 RXT-X 300 Fault Codes
    By mark2m in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-23-2020, 01:44 PM
  2. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-23-2020, 01:06 PM
  3. 2019 RXT 300 break in question
    By BMist371 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09-05-2019, 02:41 PM
  4. 2019 rxt-x 300 Price?
    By miami salt life in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 07-21-2019, 08:12 PM
  5. 2019 rxt-x 300 code c2114
    By Rxtxdaku in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 06-08-2019, 08:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •