Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    I have the same ski and looking at some parts as well. I am not looking to break any records. Kinda just want intake, waterbox, and rear exit exhaust. Possibly add catch can to that as well. My biggest worry was is a tune really needed? Or is there any other upgrades that need to be done in order to put the listed parts on? I was also looking at the Maptunerx by Riva. Anyone have it? Is it worth the $$$$?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ataggart View Post
    I have the same ski and looking at some parts as well. I am not looking to break any records. Kinda just want intake, waterbox, and rear exit exhaust. Possibly add catch can to that as well. My biggest worry was is a tune really needed? Or is there any other upgrades that need to be done in order to put the listed parts on? I was also looking at the Maptunerx by Riva. Anyone have it? Is it worth the $$$$?
    The maptunerx is worth every penny

3. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by moparguy View Post
    Hell ya

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1566.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	460469

Now are you guys getting the tuning license too? Or just the device?

+1
    Both
    Quote Originally Posted by ataggart View Post
    Now are you guys getting the tuning license too? Or just the device?

+1
    Both
    I also suggest the home feature. Great for resetting lights etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    I also suggest the home feature. Great for resetting lights etc.
    That was my next question.

Soo Here is the update...

I went through a ton of research and talked to a bunch of people at Riva, Fizzle, JPRacing, and some salty seadogs on Long Island who have lots of experience...
    I can't say enough about the folks who are in this industry who really want to help and not just sell you their shit.
    Everyone of the folks I talked to with very few exceptions was honest and upfront about what they thought, and what they had seen in practice even if it meant not going with their product.
    Big shout out to Jesus G at Riva, James at Fizzel and JP at JP Racing for taking the time to discuss everything in depth and have patience and enthusiasm for someone who is getting back into this stuff.

I ended up going with the following:

1. Maptuner X License + cable (my buddy with a GP1800R just got a stage 1+ kit so he got the tuner and I am using that to load my license and saving some $)
    2. Riva IMUK
    3. Riva Rear Through hull Exhaust
    4. Riva Pro-Series Waterbox
    5. Fizzle SuperCooler + Tubing Upgrade Kit
    6. Fizzle Catch Can
    7. JP Racing 4" Short Stack Style Intake
    8. Supersized Water Strainer w/install kit

The total shipped came out to $2500 and I think that was pretty solid all around.

I also picked up a Vbox Sport so I can actually put numbers down and have some accuracy.
    I dropped her off at my shop last Friday, I was hoping to get out on the water and do some pulls to register a baseline before the work was done... but that didn't happen.
    The rain and the weather were pretty shit on LI last weekend (Friday especially) so I don't have a baseline besides last years run's on the Dash at 79mph at the mid-end of summer after SCOM install.

I also decided to add in a 800GPH bilge pump and have it plumed to where I can see it spitting near the front of the ski, this way I got some protection there... I know it's not a failsafe, but hell it's better than nothing.

I honestly don't know where I am going to end up on the dash, or in reality (Vbox) but I have high hopes. I at least think I will be able to keep the edge on my buddies 2019' Stage 1 + GP1800R.
    Last year I had him with the SCOM and it drove him crazy that I would just walk away on the top end as he hit the GPS limit.

I am thinking about going with the Stage 2 IMUK Tune 8500, or the Stage 2 300 8500 AGR TP, Jesus G let me know that basically anything 8500 or below is good for what I got, and that next thing I want to do is Valvework/retainers if I want to go above that... Not sure if the IMUK tune or the AGR (I assume that means Aggressive, TP? Throttle Position?) Not sure if that is for the IMUK tune and just more aggressive or what?

I should have the ski back by the middle of next week, really looking forward to taking some pulls and seeing where I end up and also taking some videos of the exhaust sound with the waterbox and through hull...

Anyone have any pointers or suggestions please feel free to jump in!

Thanks,

10. +1 by:

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    My understanding for Riva tune speak

AGR = Aggressive ignition timing, which requires additional gasoline octane (above 93?)

ATR = Aggressive Throttle Response = hairtrigger throttle

Did you do anything with the air intake (besides the IMUK of course)?

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information