Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1

    Upgrate Intercooler ?

    hi,

    i am from the yamaha side but want to know how many rpm an fizzle or riva cooler gains on an 260/300 engine ?
    So when you allready spinn 8600 rpm and you want to upgrate the cooler then you would need to install light valves right becaue of spinning much more ?

    On the Yamaha Engines the bigger cooler gains 300-400 rpm...


  2. #2
    JFizzleJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    8,801
    +1
    943
    With the Fizzle Intercoolers on the 260 we have seen 60-120 RPM increases and on the 300 we have seen 40-60 RPM increases.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    84
    +1
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by FAMT View Post
    hi,

    i am from the yamaha side but want to know how many rpm an fizzle or riva cooler gains on an 260/300 engine ?
    So when you allready spinn 8600 rpm and you want to upgrate the cooler then you would need to install light valves right becaue of spinning much more ?

    On the Yamaha Engines the bigger cooler gains 300-400 rpm...
    Not sure where you got that info from. But an intercooler riva or fizzle is a huge improvement over the stock sho/svho...... but the rpm gains are nowhere near 3-400.

  4. #4
    on my gp 1800 went from 8600 rpm to 9000 rpm by installing the new riva cooler and retainers... so that is 400 rpm on top...

    as i remember i installed an riva cooler on an seadoo rxp 260 in 2012 and it gains nothing....

  5. #5
    RiverRat71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Flint River, GA
    Posts
    589
    +1
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by FAMT View Post
    on my gp 1800 went from 8600 rpm to 9000 rpm by installing the new riva cooler and retainers... so that is 400 rpm on top...

    as i remember i installed an riva cooler on an seadoo rxp 260 in 2012 and it gains nothing....
    If that is truly the case I guess the stock yami cooler really sucks. RR

  6. #6
    300-400 gain is standard on yamis aftermarkt intercoolers nothing crazy
    the oem cooler is good for stock application....

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    84
    +1
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by FAMT View Post
    300-400 gain is standard on yamis aftermarkt intercoolers nothing crazy
    the oem cooler is good for stock application....
    400rpm with just a riva intercooler swap,,,,, damm. I will be throwing my fizzle in the garbage,,,,, riva powercooler here i come!!!!!!

  8. #8
    JFizzleJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    8,801
    +1
    943
    Lol good luck with that... I have had a couple reports of 400 RPM gains. Chances are the ski was taxing the stock cooler in a major way or it simply wasn't a back to back test. You can expect 250-300 RPM

    Quote Originally Posted by Yamafzs View Post
    400rpm with just a riva intercooler swap,,,,, damm. I will be throwing my fizzle in the garbage,,,,, riva powercooler here i come!!!!!!

  9. +1 by:


  10. #9
    moparguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Niagara Falls, Ontario
    Posts
    2,153
    +1
    443
    If I'm reading between the lines, FAMT swapped intercooler and springs so obviously changed his tune and in turn the limiter on the ski. Then he picked up rpm? FAMT are you sure you're not confusing tune results with ic swap. My fizzle keeps my iats within in 5 degree of ambient. Fizzle is the bomb

  11. +1 by:


  12. #10
    tiderider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Usa
    Posts
    888
    +1
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by moparguy View Post
    If I'm reading between the lines, FAMT swapped intercooler and springs so obviously changed his tune and in turn the limiter on the ski. Then he picked up rpm? FAMT are you sure you're not confusing tune results with ic swap. My fizzle keeps my iats within in 5 degree of ambient. Fizzle is the bomb
    Fizzle intercoolers are by far the best. Fizzle is also unmatched with Jame's customer service behind them.

  13. +1 by:


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2018+ SVHO Intake Manifold Upgrate Kit
    By FAMT in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-14-2019, 11:40 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-16-2017, 08:48 PM
  3. Bigger Oil Cooler or Engine Cooling Upgrate Kit Ultra 300X
    By RXP-X 2011 in forum Kawasaki How To & FAQs
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-03-2016, 04:15 AM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-01-2011, 04:45 AM
  5. Mini Rude vs Riva X Pro Upgrate ?
    By pet in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 10-08-2009, 10:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •