+1

Lucky 13 cone advice

Bought a Lucky 13 cone to try this year on my 07 RXP, last year I was running 8100 rpm with a 15/21 bent to a 15/22. Since then I have added a 137+4, F1000, exhaust spacer, RRFPR and removed the FA. First time out this year in 74* weather I was on the limiter at 8200 at 74 gps, next year will be springs, retainers and ECU flash. My cone came with the straight base plate and the angled base has been discontinued, will the cone work with the pump wedge I normally run or will I have to pull out the wedge? I've added another 1mm to the prop and will play with the cone spacers, but in cooler weather I want least amount of spacers at target rpm right. This way I can add spacers to keep rpm in check as temp and humidity increase during the summer? This is all with stock 08 rxpx ecu and my nozzle bored to 85mm.
    Thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo831 View Post
    Bought a Lucky 13 cone to try this year on my 07 RXP, last year I was running 8100 rpm with a 15/21 bent to a 15/22. Since then I have added a 137+4, F1000, exhaust spacer, RRFPR and removed the FA. First time out this year in 74* weather I was on the limiter at 8200 at 74 gps, next year will be springs, retainers and ECU flash. My cone came with the straight base plate and the angled base has been discontinued, will the cone work with the pump wedge I normally run or will I have to pull out the wedge? I've added another 1mm to the prop and will play with the cone spacers, but in cooler weather I want least amount of spacers at target rpm right. This way I can add spacers to keep rpm in check as temp and humidity increase during the summer? This is all with stock 08 rxpx ecu and my nozzle bored to 85mm.
    Thanks
    And what are your AFR readings?

+1
    Not sure about the pump wedge but seems like you would need to remove it.

As far as the spacers you would want more in the cooler weather so some could be removed in hotter weather to bring back lost rpms.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tiderider View Post
    And what are your AFR readings?
    Were at 12.2 at 8200, 58# base with reference line attached. Only did two short runs though before it started to rain.

+1
    Did a few test runs with the cone this week, I am still at the limiter and same speed so will have to add some more to the prop. Did have two times around 6-7k rpm steady cruise were my rpms dropped down almost like the throttle cut out. I didn't see any codes or notice a big afr change on the gauge when this happened and as soon as I moved the throttle it revved right back up, not sure what would cause this as I've never had it happen before? I did install a Walbro pump over the winter, could fuel pressure cause this? At 8100 I my afr was holding steady at 12,2 without fluctuating any.

Thread Information