MaptunerX tuning question with R&D stage 3 ECU

Hello, question about my 2015 Yamaha VXR

I currently have a R&D stage 3 ECU in it but question if the ECU is actually tuned to begin with. I bought the jetski and mods from a dealership that I later found out was quite shady (thatís another story)

Needless to say, Iím considering getting the MaptuneX and doing the tune myself so I know for sure that the tune is in it. My question is, if I tune the ECU thatís in it right now to stage 3 or whatever, letís say I wanna put it back to stock, will stock be considered whatís on the ECU currently, or will stock mean a true VXR baseline map from Maptune? Iíd really like to compare the tune on it now (supposedly) and a tune I put in. Maybe I can save the current tune on it in the mapX, I donít know, thatís what Iím wondering. Anybody have any insight on this? Really appreciate any help or advice you guys could give me.

current mods are-
    Ribbon delete
    Power filter kit
    Riva rear exhaust kit
    Riva water box
    R&D/Skat-Trak 12/19
    Riva top loader intake grate
    Riva ride plate

When you connect the MaptunerX to your R&D Reflashed ecu it will save that file as your "Stockfile".
    The MaptunerX Files a according to the Stage Parts so take a look at the Riva Website on performance Kits
    For the VXR is just an Stage 1 File https://rivaracing.com/i-24077903-vx...tage1-kit.html
    i would say save the money when your ECU is reflashed with the correct File from R&D

Yeah I agree! It just doesn’t feel fast enough but I guess it is what it is. Thanks for the reply FAMT

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FAMT View Post
    i would say save the money when your ECU is reflashed with the correct File from R&D
    Unless you have a Delorian, that will hit 88mph. You will be waiting a long time, R&D shut their doors over a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by moparguy View Post
    Unless you have a Delorian, that will hit 88mph. You will be waiting a long time, R&D shut their doors over a year ago.
    it already has the stage 3 R&D reflash

+1
    SO I just ran into this with a second ECU. Jesus stated that yes the maptunerx does back up what ever file is on it. so your R3 would be backed up.

BUT depending on the software used for that tune/R3 the maptunerX will see its not OEM, and puts up a notification, and then you wont be able to get back to that file as the maptuneronly wants to load OEM software flashes. Also Riva/maptuner does not want to keep that other file on the server as then there is a issue with Riva having other peoples tunes and can get hairy when it comes to legal/ moral matters.

This is why I have a second ECU for maptuner soI don't loose the Deans Team tune on my other ECU.

This is what I was afraid of. I’m just gonna stick with the R&D especially since the tuner only has 1 tune for the VXR. I was looking around last night for a 2nd OEM ECU thinking this would probably happen. Looks like no tunerX for me. Thanks for the insight Mittens

Quote Originally Posted by moparguy View Post
    Yes i know that is what i am talking about. When the ECU is allready flashed just run it....no need to travel back in time for whatever reason

Thread Information