Keihin CDK2 Adjustments and 98 SLTH gas tank size

Hey guys, I have a question about the CDK2 carbs low adjustment settings. First off on my 98 SLTH I have only low screws, I was wondering if this is normal for this bike and that i'm not missing the high screws. So, online I came across a Kawasaki X2 post about the same carbs. They recommended on the low settings that I reset them by turning clockwise until they stop then I should turn them counterclockwise 1-1/8 turns. Would this be correct or is there any other adjustments?

Also what size is the gas tank on a 1998 SLTH? I recently switched to pre-mix and was wondering. I was thinking around 9 to 10 gal.

+1
    That is correct, only has low speed mixture screws.

Polaris only had 1 early model with high speed mixture screws-most manuals show that early model carb, which is incorrect 99 0/0 of the time.

Keihin made a bunch of versions of the CDK II. As far as I know, the only one really different is the early Kawasaki carb used on the really small twins. It was like a 28mm carb.
    The carb kits for 28mm pretty sure are different from all the rest (38mm[98 SLTH]-40mm-42mm racing)

http://polarispwcknowledge.shorturl....t-things-to-do
    This is a really good link-you could find every spec you will ever need for Polaris.

+1
    Related to the SLTX carb - do either of you happen to know if there is any accelerator pump diaphragms from other PWCs that will fit the SLTX?

MSX 150 guy lives on Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    +1
    I think he gas tank is 15.5 gallons. But if you are pre mixing I would mix the fuel in a container and add it to the tank so you always get a consistent mix ratio.

I would not change any Polaris to pre mix. The oil injection systems are near bulletproof on a Polaris. Just check and inspect the filter and lines periodically

5. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ValleyRacer2 View Post
    Related to the SLTX carb - do either of you happen to know if there is any accelerator pump diaphragms from other PWCs that will fit the SLTX?
    Welcome to Greenhulk.
    Pretty sure it was Watcon that had the accel pumps. They are located in Wisconsin, an internet search should find the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. GP1800 View Post
    I would not change any Polaris to pre mix. The oil injection systems are near bulletproof on a Polaris. Just check and inspect the filter and lines periodically
    Unfortunately, we had to switch to pre-mix when we took the flywheel off the nut that had stripped since it had never been taken off. We found a replacement that fit the threads but not the oil pump cap. So we have to bypass the pump since it wont work. I was planning on re running oil line for this summer and keeping it.

Thread Information