2000 Kaw 1100STX Di Cooked EEM

Hello all, just got my EEM Back from Darrin at Lakeside Tech installed it and it runs like a new one! He is the go to man. Along with very reasonable pricing he has great customer service! Now in order not to cook it again I checked some water flow. The stream coming from EEM is weak so I am going to check into that. But something I noticed was the 90 fitting on top of the exhaust that the EEM outlet hose hooks to, is putting out water. Im not sure this is correct, as this is not going to let the water dump into the exhaust from the EEM like it should.. Do I have a bad exhaust manifold or bad gasket somewhere?

+1
    Thanks for the kind words, and thanks for your business!

From what you are describing, that sounds normal (the EMM gets water AFTER the other systems). But I'll confess I'm more familiar with the Polaris cooling routing. I've never liked the fact that the EMM gets hot water from the cooling system, they should have given it cold water to start with...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kawi_cooling.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	43.0 KB 
ID:	459892  

+1
    Here is some more information: LINK

Yes but water coming from the EMM is supposed to dump into the top of the exhaust pipe at the 90 degree fitting on top correct? But when I pulled the hose off, there is water coming out of the 90 degree fitting and also water coming out of the hose from the EMM. This I think would make it hard for the water to flow through the EMM to exhaust pipe if there is water pressure coming out of the 90 where the EMM water hose hooks to it which in turn cause EMM to over heat due to lack of water flow. I hope I'm explaining/describing it right.. But if the feed hose going to the stator or the stator itself is clogged would that push the water out of the upper 90 degree fitting?

+1
    The pipe has an internal water jacket that's under pressure, which is why you see water flowing out of the fitting when you remove the hose. If you take the fitting off the pipe chamber you will see a hole which goes through the water jacket and directly into the exhaust chamber. This is where the water is injected from the EMM exit hose via the 90 degree fitting.

Ok but was just think when pressure from EMM hose and pressure from the 90 (water jacket) meets that there would be no flow from EMM? Maybe I’m thinking into this to much. Just don’t want to melt another EMM..

+1
    It's pretty common for folks to install a dedicated pisser on the EMM exit water line. Then you can visually verify water flow.

8. +1 by:

+1
    Yes, like Darrin stated. I added an EMM dedicated cooling line on mine about 12 years ago and then added the jet pump housing with the integrated water strainer later. This was a poor design by Kawasaki. I never had an adverse cooling event with this setup.

Thread Information