Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    +1
    Does the Ecu have a deansteam silver sticker on it ? There are ALOT of Ecu out that people have tried to copy or flash with their buddies system so when buying used make sure it’s legit because the Ecu will become corrupt and useless

+1
    It was supposed to be a Riva TUned ECU so it should not have the deans Team sticker with the serial number. and it does not

Its probably a Copy, of whos, or what I don't know. but does not work for me unless was Riva Licensed.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by shhr View Post
    There are ALOT of Ecu out that people have tried to copy or flash with their buddies system so when buying used make sure itís legit because the Ecu will become corrupt and useless
    You are so right, there are a lot of SCAMMERS selling parts to skis and people need to know and look out for those types of parts. You will see,,, they become defensive or strike back in their postings. Watch what follows.

I always buy from legitimate business only, like Fizzle, Riva, Dean`s Racing or Jim's Performance, Chrome Batteries

4. +1 by:

Similar situation last year. ECU was told to be deans, sent it to him got charged $75 for him to say not mine and then paid shipping back. Ended up going maptuner x rather than trying to figure out what it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Z'mnypit View Post
    Similar situation last year. ECU was told to be deans, sent it to him got charged $75 for him to say not mine and then paid shipping back. Ended up going maptuner x rather than trying to figure out what it was.
    Same thing happened to me. He tries to say that on alot of ecus to keep from having to deal with them. If it has his sticker on it he'll say someone messed with it. Just a waist to deal with any of that.

+1
    Well I sent Dean my other/ original ECU that was tuned by him and it was updated no issues.

My issue is I bought what is supposed to be a Riva Ecu, and they are telling me its not.... the owner is pretty damn sure but what recourse do I have.. not much as I don't have hard proof/recite of the license. Also have heard some maptuner issues after an update does not see the licsesed ecu as licsned anymore. but again cant prove it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mittens View Post

My issue is I bought what is supposed to be a Riva Ecu, and they are telling me its not.... the owner is pretty damn sure but what recourse do I have..
    If the owner bought it by credit card there will be a record with the credit card company. MOST all people pay by credit cards with a big amount like that and have a tracking number to follow though the mail. If not the person maybe telling you a story. I just know that if the tune was sold by Jerry or Riva they would have record of it if it was a real tune sold by them. I would not believe a seller at all, they can tell you anything, their business is not on the line.
    I know and deal with liars and scammers, thieves everyday. I love getting them at the end and seeing their faces when I do. The jail is full of them,but you ask them at the jail, they are ALL innocent.

Get a letter from Riva that it is not a Riva tune and send it to your credit card company in the Fraud Department and get your money back. If you have a letter from Riva you will get your money back.
    Last edited by cjk6119; 04-08-2020 at 02:17 PM.

9. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    Mittens, looking forward to the results from a back to back test of these two tunes. please try to provide as much information on what each tune is. The more information you can provide will be helpful for us, I know R&D is gone now but it would be nice if you had one of there tunes to test also, Thanks
    I currently have all three but for the 6S5 ecu. Problem is the Dean and Riva tune are 3 bar and the R+d is 2 bar. To do testing takes more than just swapping ecus...

For those that think the Riva tune is an "all around tune" this is far from the truth. With the PLX system this thing can be modified within the day to fit your needs.
    Jesus never fails to answer my questions every morning I need them thru email. Within an hour of the email he will have me a tune to try.

+1
    I asked the seller if he could provide me with anything as he paid Jorge @ JV Performance for the tune. his response was he does not have the time t chase that back down from a year ago, and to send it back.

So I mailed it off today.... ill return the Yamaha cables I bought, and sell the mapteuner with the seadoo cables it came with I guess.

Not going to pay 400 for ecu, 600 for license, and add the maptuner cost too to see if I can tell anything and then have a ow octane tune for the 1-2 times a year I am forced to get marina fuel.

If I had any lines on a Riva tuned ECU would buy but I looked for 2 months to find that one and then it was a bust.

+1
    The ECU we have dealing with... never has been tuned with a Maptuner X. That's why you got that message when you synchronized " New Software Version Detected".
    If it were tuned with any Maptuner in the market, you wont get that message, as if has been tuned it's not a new software version.

When it has been tuned by someone else Maptuner account, You will get a pop up message like this approx " Submission error, this VIN already exist under X customer account ".

So I Can't assure you ( as I told you) who tuned that ECU... but I can tell 100% sure , never was tuned with Maptuner X.

I'll send you an email in 5 min... i think I have a way to help you out.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information