Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34
  1. #21
    moparguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Niagara Falls, Ontario
    Posts
    2,030
    +1
    418
    What's the advantage of the Solas 14 vein over a stocker?

  2. #22
    Jkmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Annapolis MD
    Posts
    571
    +1
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by 1tommygunner1927 View Post
    That was a smart move converting to the "normal" pump, but a lot of work! At what speed are you "seeing" stuffing? PRV's?
    Thats for sure, but it also allowed me to correct the poor factory alignment, so it was worth it. I have seen stuffing as low as like 83-84 mph before. But I have since installed two 1" PRVs and that definitely helped. (Pic below) I'm not nearly as concerned with the top speed as much as I used to be. Right now I'm more focussed on maximizing my low to upper midrange power and acceleration. And since I am only seeing around 8700 RPM's with my current setup, if I can get my upper RPM's closer to 9300-9500 RPM, I should have more acceleration throughout my power band. I do plan on going back to a stock cone and seeing if that helps first. But if it doesn't I have been looking at trying either a 13/18 or 14/19 impeller. I'm just not sure which one I should go with to gain those 800 RPM's. I was leaning towards the 13/18, I figured if end up being under proper with it, I could always add spacers to the Lucky 13 Cone.

    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180517_193149.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	119.8 KB 
ID:	459766  

  3. #23
    Jkmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Annapolis MD
    Posts
    571
    +1
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by moparguy View Post
    What's the advantage of the Solas 14 vein over a stocker?
    Better hookup and acceleration mainly.

  4. #24
    Bob 1tommygunner1927's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    8,469
    +1
    2,217
    Quote Originally Posted by Jkmike View Post
    Thats for sure, but it also allowed me to correct the poor factory alignment, so it was worth it. I have seen stuffing as low as like 83-84 mph before. But I have since installed two 1" PRVs and that definitely helped. (Pic below) I'm not nearly as concerned with the top speed as much as I used to be. Right now I'm more focussed on maximizing my low to upper midrange power and acceleration. And since I am only seeing around 8700 RPM's with my current setup, if I can get my upper RPM's closer to 9300-9500 RPM, I should have more acceleration throughout my power band. I do plan on going back to a stock cone and seeing if that helps first. But if it doesn't I have been looking at trying either a 13/18 or 14/19 impeller. I'm just not sure which one I should go with to gain those 800 RPM's. I was leaning towards the 13/18, I figured if end up being under proper with it, I could always add spacers to the Lucky 13 Cone.


    Gladerider style PRV's! Awesome!

    That stuff point, 83-84 mph, is in line with the stock pump. Again, what is WOT ignition timing? Recommend adding 5 gallons of race gas then filling tank. VP race fuels has several unleaded race fuel available, oxygenated and non-oxgenated.
    Last edited by 1tommygunner1927; 04-03-2020 at 09:18 AM.

  5. #25
    Jkmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Annapolis MD
    Posts
    571
    +1
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by 1tommygunner1927 View Post
    Gladerider style PRV's! Awesome!

    That stuff point, 83-84 mph, is in line with the stock pump. Again, what is WOT ignition timing? Recommend adding 5 gallons of race gas then filling tank. VP race fuels has several unleaded race fuel available, oxygenated and non-oxgenated.
    My WOT ignition timing is at 33. These are the timing tables from my MaptunerX. Ignition 1 and 2 are the same but 3 is a little lower at 8500 rpm. I personally have never messed with the ignition timing much. So everything is where Jesus initially set it when he made me the baseline tune for the 142. Ill definitely look into the VP fuel, i believe there is a place near me that sells them.

    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ignition 1.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	137.2 KB 
ID:	459781   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ignition 3.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	139.4 KB 
ID:	459782  

  6. #26
    Bob 1tommygunner1927's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    8,469
    +1
    2,217
    I think you're over the knock thresh hold at 33*. Reduce timing to 30* or use higher octane fuel. I'd try race gas first to confirm.

  7. #27
    DR2006RXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    3,216
    +1
    235
    Quote Originally Posted by Jkmike View Post
    My WOT ignition timing is at 33. These are the timing tables from my MaptunerX. Ignition 1 and 2 are the same but 3 is a little lower at 8500 rpm. I personally have never messed with the ignition timing much. So everything is where Jesus initially set it when he made me the baseline tune for the 142. Ill definitely look into the VP fuel, i believe there is a place near me that sells them.

    Upload a log file

  8. #28
    Jkmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Annapolis MD
    Posts
    571
    +1
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by 1tommygunner1927 View Post
    I think you're over the knock thresh hold at 33*. Reduce timing to 30* or use higher octane fuel. I'd try race gas first to confirm.
    Ill deff try it out, just got the ski all back together with stock cone and started up today. So what about the cells in the 8520 Rpm column? With my peak RPM of 8700 I'm right in the middle of 37-33 (35.5). So would you recommend lowering those as well? I will look into race fuel as well but it might be hard to get right now, MD is on lockdown. But I figure as long as I strap a fishing pole to my ski I can say I am hunting for food when I get stoped. Lol

  9. #29
    Bob 1tommygunner1927's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    8,469
    +1
    2,217
    Quote Originally Posted by Jkmike View Post
    Ill deff try it out, just got the ski all back together with stock cone and started up today. So what about the cells in the 8520 Rpm column? With my peak RPM of 8700 I'm right in the middle of 37-33 (35.5). So would you recommend lowering those as well? I will look into race fuel as well but it might be hard to get right now, MD is on lockdown. But I figure as long as I strap a fishing pole to my ski I can say I am hunting for food when I get stoped. Lol
    We're under "stay at home" directive (by a county judge) so I feel your pain.

    I think its best to consult with Riva/Maptuner or those that know/use this tuning tool for tuning advice. Consider the tune you downloaded as a base tune. You'll need to change it to fit your engines requirements based on the data log findings.

    Edit: Hull needs for air!
    Last edited by 1tommygunner1927; 04-04-2020 at 02:41 PM.


  10. #30
    DR2006RXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    3,216
    +1
    235
    Quote Originally Posted by Jkmike View Post
    My WOT ignition timing is at 33. These are the timing tables from my MaptunerX. Ignition 1 and 2 are the same but 3 is a little lower at 8500 rpm. I personally have never messed with the ignition timing much. So everything is where Jesus initially set it when he made me the baseline tune for the 142. Ill definitely look into the VP fuel, i believe there is a place near me that sells them.

    Upload the log you got from the logger .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. SOLD Seadoo 142 mm 300 charger with et water cooler
    By mitch411RXP in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-20-2020, 05:21 PM
  2. FS 2008 Seadoo RXT-X 300 charger Conversion Eastside shop ski FS
    By Slow 91 in forum Sea Doo 4Tec Skis
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-20-2018, 06:03 PM
  3. Rxt x 260 impeller advice.
    By Magnummmmmmmmmm in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-10-2015, 09:32 PM
  4. Purchased 2010 RXT-X 260 - Maintenance Advice Needed
    By swlamarshrunner in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-04-2015, 03:29 PM
  5. XXX charger impeller 15/19, 15/20 or 15/21???
    By petroracing.kitins in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-26-2013, 03:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •