Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Looking at a used 300/310. What to look for?

Hey guys, hopefully this is the right place to ask this. I've done a ton of searching and read quite a few threads here about them but I've still got a question or two.

1st some background. I currently own an rxp 215 and an aquatrax r12x. The plan was for the rxp to be mine and the Honda to be for the wife. But, she hates it and gave me the green light to replace it so here I am. I'm looking at either another rxp(she loves it) or a 300/310x

1st set of questions. The things she hates about the honda are its low speed(no wake zone) stability, it feels alot more "tippy" than the rxp. And when at speed if the water isnt perfectly flat it tends to spend just as much time out of the water as it does in. How will the 300/310 be in those regards? From everything I've seen the answer is alot better, but could you compare it to the rxp we have just for reference?

2and is what do I need to look at with this ski in particular when I go to buy? It's at a dealer and we like the price. From the pictures weve seen it looks clean but I obviously want to give it a good look in person. A test ride seems out of the question with it being at a dealer, the current weather and everything that's going on right now. So what should i look for/at at the dealer?

Im mostly curious about what to look at with it pre purchase.

Edit: originally asked about the 250x, weve decided to stay away from those and found a few 300 and 310s in the area. I didnt want to start a whole new thread asking such a similar question so I edited this one. I appreciate the replies about the 250, looking forward to opinions about the newer ones
    Last edited by Adam4pt6; 04-02-2020 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Wrong model

+1
    Welcome aboard, Adam!

I've never owned, nor even ridden a 250X before, but I know people that have. I don't know anybody that would recommend buying one. You can do all the repairs and mods to make it more reliable, but it's probably not worth the cost.

Perhaps the worst problem is that when the bearings fail in the jet pump, it pushes forward on the driveshaft and crankshaft. This wipes out the main bearings and rod bearings, destroying the engine. If you go to look at this one, be sure to study how to check the crankshaft for movement first (sorry, I can't find the link for it right now).

How much are they asking for it?

I would recommend looking for a 300 or 310 instead.

They're asking $5000. My budget is about 8k, if I can find a 300 or 310 in that range I'd be happy to go that route. I'm not 100% set on this particular ski, just looking into all of my options. Thanks for the reply!

+1
    I bet you can find a 300 in that range. Where are you located?

5. +1 by:

I'm in New Jersey, down by delaware and philly. Since posting I came across a 2013 rxt I may be looking at instead. I'm just waiting on the seller to get back to me.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam4pt6 View Post
    I'm in New Jersey, down by delaware and philly. Since posting I came across a 2013 rxt I may be looking at instead. I'm just waiting on the seller to get back to me.
    Just remember that year group of the RXT( seadont's) had the bad issues of failing intercoolers that destroys the electronic throttle bodies and engine as well as the superchargers taking a dump as often as a new born baby......…. but on the Kawi front stay 300x> it will save you $000's in the med -long term

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam4pt6 View Post
    They're asking $5000. My budget is about 8k!
    --------------------------------------
    If you shop around - depending on what you want or rather need - based on your riding conditions - you could get into a NEW non-Supercharged Kawasaki for real close to that figure - plus a new Jet-Ski from Kawasaki comes with a Warranty.

There's some left-over deals to be had out there - and Kawasaki is "sweetening the deals" by offering up to $1,000- off left over models to make room for the 2020's. Look on their web-site - namely kawasaki.com

Reference:

https://www.pwctrader.com/listing/20...15F-5007502479

Good Luck !!!

Thanks for the replies guys, its helpful. I'm not looking to get a non s/c ski right now. I want something thats going to keep up with (or surpass) my RXP215. I like the suggestions for the 300/310 models, and I found a couple semi near by at dealers. What do I need to look out for on those? How many hours is too many? 2 that I found are at 115 hours, one is at 33. I haven't researched those much yet, I guess I'll get started on that now. thanks again for the insight, its appreciated.

My Jet Ski drinks more than yours Glenozzy's Avatar
    +1
    super chargers let you run with the big boys ...................... until the price of gas stops your riding i had the 250 and now have a 300 IT IS A PIG on gas if you like to ride more tan 4 hours per weekend expect a 200 dollars plus bill in gas
    give the non super charger boat some real thought

Quote Originally Posted by Glenozzy View Post
    super chargers let you run with the big boys ...................... until the price of gas stops your riding i had the 250 and now have a 300 IT IS A PIG on gas if you like to ride more tan 4 hours per weekend expect a 200 dollars plus bill in gas
    give the non super charger boat some real thought
    All fair points and definitely noted. The big downside to going non s/c is my other ski is an RXP, we rarely will take just one out, itll be both. Also the other people we ride with are all on s/c'ed skis too. And to be honest I like the RXP,, the intent was for it to be mine and our other one to be my wifes but she likes the rxp too much and I dont see getting it back. Got the green light to buy another ski, might as well get something "better" than what I have right?lol

Currently talking to a dealer with a 2013 310x with 32 hours on it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information