About to add an external intercooler... am I missing anything?

So I have been slowly gathering parts to switch out my 2008 Challenger 215 intercooler for an oem 255 intercooler. I have read a lot of threads and I think I mostly know what to do, but still have a few unanswered questions.

My plan:
    -T into original water supply line to supply the external intercooler and connect the other end to the exhaust manifold. I will be using the OEM T with the restriction built it. before water gets to the intercooler it will run through a strainer.

-T the intercooler bleed port into the J pipe outlet hose.

-Main intercooler outlet will be dumped most likely via a through hull "pisser"

My questions are:

- Is this a sound plan as far as routing?
    - Do I need to enlarge the stock restrictor?
    - I am currently running 42lb injectors and X charger. If I add the external intercooler do I need to add a rising rate fuel pressure regulator?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IC flow .jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	459618  

+1
    Thats not how I ran mine. I ran the supply line to the Groco then to the inlet of the IC. The oulet runs to the exhaust. I run the stock restrictor/pump washer. I ran a dedicated dump for the bleed. No need for a RRFPR with this setup.

+1
    [QUOTE=jlove;3065588]So I have been slowly gathering parts to switch out my 2008 Challenger 215 intercooler for an oem 255 intercooler. I have read a lot of threads and I think I mostly know what to do, but still have a few unanswered questions.

My plan:
    -T into original water supply line to supply the external intercooler and connect the other end to the exhaust manifold. I will be using the OEM T with the restriction built it. before water gets to the intercooler it will run through a strainer.

-T the intercooler bleed port into the J pipe outlet hose.

-Main intercooler outlet will be dumped most likely via a through hull "pisser"

My questions are:

- Is this a sound plan as far as routing?
    - Do I need to enlarge the stock restrictor?
    - I am currently running 42lb injectors and X charger. If I add the external intercooler do I need to add a rising rate fuel pressure regulator?

water routing - i would run all water through the strainer-inter cooler-then the exhaust ,that way when you flush the boat everything will be back washed, the small pisser if you have one should go through hull to bleed air and visually confirm water is flowing

pump washer i would leave alone,as long as you don't tee or dump

the rrfpr is something they recommend when you add the x charger and injectors,i put them on both of my sc skies

Running it inline just like the stock 215 intercooler was my original plan, but I read a lot of threads were people had problems with their intercooler swelling, but what was not apparent was if they were running"stock setups. I got the feeling that a lot of them were highly modified, running open loop, and going 80+mph.

+1
    I'm running 80+ and haven't had any IC problems running it this way. I'm not running open loop either.

i connect hose from pump to IC when to exhaust monifold on rxp 215 .

7. +1 by:

Thanks for the input I ended up running it inline. I can not believe how much of a difference this made on the top end. I was topping out at 41mph before with the x charger and injectors. After the intercooler I picked up 700 rpm and max out at 47 mph! I really would not have guessed it would have made such a big difference.

Thread Information