+1

Limited Hurricane impeller??

So I am putting on a mint stainless steel 6vane stator on my Hurricane. The old 5vane is beat to hell as is the stock impeller. But before I put this beat up prop on my stator I was going to send it out to get refurbished. But was wondering if they could tweak it to something to get a few more ounces of stank out of this little 700 that surprisingly I like more than I would have ever thought. It has a stock Polaris 5131457 (12/17) on it now. Any suggestions on prop?

Here is the what is all done to my cane

Hot Seat Head 93 octane domes
    Watcon water rail
    Hot Seat Waterbox
    Vforce reeds
    Tornado filters
    choke plates removed
    6vane Stainless stator
    650 R&D grate

+1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0E44240C-DD02-4A10-B1E1-273364541838.png 
Views:	15 
Size:	982.6 KB 
ID:	459533  

+1
    Guess Bryan had some luck w a 10/18. Didnít know if anyone had any other experience w a similar set up? Thanks again

+1
    Yeah, it's amazing what that little twin is capable of, especially in a small craft.

I ran a 13/18 in my Cane for the short time I had it. In my opinion the Cane is a "low speed"-"lots of turns" kind of craft. Trying to get top speed or touring capabilities is really trying to build an entirely different craft.

The 13/18 was lazy coming out of turns.
    I would recommend lower prop numbers. Brian seemed to have some focus on top speed with his SLT- the 18 number.

In my opinion, something like 8-9/ 15-16-17 ( depending on what is possible ) should match the Cane pretty well.

+1
    Thanks for the help. I have a 13/18 lying around and I thought about putting it in, but I thought it would be going back wards in terms of what I want. Slow down the mid range acceleration.

I agree. It won’t ever be a touring ski. I’m getting 48-49 out of it now. I think I’m def loosing a lot from my beat to death prop and beat stator. I know stock these skis should be around 54-55 mph. I would at least like to get 54 but more low end would def help. I should mention I do have an extended and bored out nozzle. I forget the exact mm but I think it’s 88mm. And it def helped the whole shot compared to stock.

I posted this on the Facebook Polaris ski page and a few people recommended a
    11/17 or 10.5/17. Just trying to squeeze out every last ounce in this little 700

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Get a hold of Bruce and see if he has any props laying around, or can recommend?

http://www.wetwolf.com/about.html

7. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerminator View Post
    Thanks for the help. I have a 13/18 lying around and I thought about putting it in, but I thought it would be going back wards in terms of what I want. Slow down the mid range acceleration.

I agree. It won’t ever be a touring ski. I’m getting 48-49 out of it now. I think I’m def loosing a lot from my beat to death prop and beat stator. I know stock these skis should be around 54-55 mph. I would at least like to get 54 but more low end would def help. I should mention I do have an extended and bored out nozzle. I forget the exact mm but I think it’s 88mm. And it def helped the whole shot compared to stock.

I posted this on the Facebook Polaris ski page and a few people recommended a
    11/17 or 10.5/17. Just trying to squeeze out every last ounce in this little 700
    I deffinitely agree with your focus on mid range.

I don't think any stock 700 saw 54-55 in the Midwest. I saw 50 with my stock Hurricane IF ...IF it stopped proposing. When landing at those speeds- it felt like that flat nose was trying to dig in, I thought I was going over the bars.
    I like touring at speed and waves with a Virage hull, but I couldn't find anything enjoyable over 45 with the Hurricane. It was a complete blast at low and mid speeds. I REALLY enjoyed what it does best.
    I had to trim down my fleet and focused on bigger is better (engine and hull...lol) If I kept it ,I would have done more with the mid range . Trying sponsons.
    A friend of mine added 4 inches to the ride plate of his Hurricane, If I remember correctly it really cut into porpoising, but added a weird side to side lean, and hurt the turns. I didn't like it in the limited time I rode it.

Thread Information