Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    I have noticed the same thing before in trying those nozzles for top speed.
    However thinking now with what Tommy said about increased thrust,veins, and vein size would it not make sense to change the steering nozzle (size) each time as part of the experiment or am I thinking too hard?
    Last edited by Diegosan; 04-17-2020 at 03:46 AM. Reason: spelling

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Diegosan View Post
    I have noticed the same thing before in trying those nozzles for top speed.
    However thinking now with what Tommy said about increased thrust,veins, and vein size would it not make sense to change the steering nozzle (size) each time as part of the experiment or am I thinking too hard?
    I have experimented with different steering nozzle size. I found that running a steering nozzle 2 mm LARGER than the exit nozzle size works best for me. This larger (2mm) size provided the best steering control for the ski. Any larger size in the steering nozzle produced a lot of steering slop (free play) in the handlebars, also I noticed the rear of the ski seemed to be more stable in the rear at high speeds. Any smaller than 2mm more than the exit nozzle and I lost top speed. Those that want the last few tenths of mph can run a nozzle the exact same size as the reduction nozzle but the steering slop was not to my liking.
    Last edited by 2fast4u; 04-19-2020 at 08:31 AM. Reason: CORRECTED SIZE TO LARGER

3. +1 by:

Wow amazing results guys Way to go!

+1
    Tommy...I assume you meant to say the steering being 2mm larger than the venturi not 2mm smaller? Keith
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    I have experimented with different steering nozzle size. I found that running a steering nozzle 2 mm smaller than the exit nozzle size works best for me. This smaller (2mm) size provided the best steering control for the ski. Any larger size in the steering nozzle produced a lot of steering slop (free play) in the handlebars, also I noticed the rear of the ski seemed to be more stable in the rear at high speeds. Any smaller than 2mm less than the exit nozzle and I lost top speed. Those that want the last few tenths of mph can run a nozzle the exact same size as the reduction nozzle but the steering slop was not to my liking.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ksalles View Post
    Tommy...I assume you meant to say the steering being 2mm larger than the venturi not 2mm smaller? Keith
    correct my error SHOULD BE LARGER I corrected my post Thanks, ( dam old people LOL)

Overland Park, KS (Ride at Lake of the Ozarks)
    +1
    Thanks for the thread ksalles.

Well I decided I would try some new stuff like the 83mm nozzle and I have a Jim's cut plate but always wondered what the extended plate/later model/riva clone would be like. So I pulled grate to seal it in better and monitor hull/mounts before making an order from greenhulk store.

Well low and behold my hull has cracked a bit so looks like I will be pulling exhaust and working with epoxy and upgrading the rear intake grate brackets. Uhhhggggg, at least caught it now. 2015 VXS 178 hrs.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200425_152631.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	460833

Name:	20200425_152617.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	45.6 KB 
ID:	460834

Name:	20200425_152611.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	50.1 KB 
ID:	460835

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by xkon View Post
    I lost 2-3 mph on my vxr when I installed the R&D intake grate. Lost another 1-2 mph when i installed the worx sponsons set down low.

Before those mods, with the riva ride plate, ribbon delete, intake, and exhaust mod I got a consistent 67 with the occasional 68-69 in the beginning/end of the season when it was cooler out. Stock was running about 64.
    Same with my VXR all I did was ribbon delete, Riva ride plate and Riva free flow exhaust and i'm getting 7600-7700 RPMs and 67 mph.

+1

Nice video of you hitting 67 mph. VXR's are awesome machines when tuned just right

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bizeagle View Post
    I have already have installed the ribbon delete and the R&D Power Plenum to replace the stock breather and airbox. As you said, I got an immediate improvement in throttle response and torque (more noise too). RPMs are around 7600~7650. I actually drag raced a 2016 VXR several times that had ribbon delete, RIVA breather, RIVA ride plate and I don't know what else. I consistently beat him up to about a 1/4 mile but he started gaining on me after I reached top speed and eventually passed me when we got out to about a 1/2 mile. The guy was shocked at my acceleration, considering the big weight disadvantage I had. So, I was curious if I can get a little more top end speed with a different nozzle.
    Hey Bizeagle,

You better add your Mods soon because I'm about to add the Reflash ECU to mine which should put my ski over 70 mph. You know you will never beat my VXR!! LOL

+1
    Tach is wired in a shown...

RunLeader/Searon tach. Model #RL-HM032R

Noted in the pics here is how I installed it. I wrapped the wires at the top of the coil under the boot. It makes for a clean install this way, and you don't have to run the leads down the coil itself. Once installed, I selected 1P2R in the menu and it has worked perfect from initial start. Ihope this helps those interested in installing something similar.

The fastest nozzle to date has been the Yamaha GPR nozzle that I made work with the reverse. I believe the 83mm nozzle off the first gen FZR/S would be faster in ideal conditions, where the ski would make good rpms. Speed per rpm has been fastest with the 83mm.

As far as the nozzles go, I wouldn't hesitate to test whatever you have laying around, you never know what is going to work best with your particular setup. Like me, I was hesitant to try a nozzle with 8 vanes that don't line up...also noted in my pics. The water coming out the pump is so violent and disrupted, I really don't think it makes a difference regarding the alignment of the vanes. That's my opinion.
    Keith
    You are correct with the gpr nozzle being the fastest. My 2012 hit 74mph gps with it it. R&d 8350 tune, solas prop, modified modified Jim's stock plate, R&d intake, with/without sho l13 nozzle, Riva water box, through hull, cold air intake and some smaller other parts as well. I could only hit around 7850 rpm.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information