160 MM pump into a VXR

Im putting a 160mm pump assembly into my 2015 VXR with a 2015 SVHO motor. My question is do I need to replace the drive shaft as well to have the pump assembly work, or can i just use the VXR HO drive shaft.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stx-di View Post
    Im putting a 160mm pump assembly into my 2015 VXR with a 2015 SVHO motor. My question is do I need to replace the drive shaft as well to have the pump assembly work, or can i just use the VXR HO drive shaft.

thanks
    The svho drive shaft is different at he pump end from the vxho.

I take It you dont have a complete 160mm pump?

If you source a complete 160mm pump from an fx or gp1800 it will go straight on other than modifying the transom or the impeller housing to accept the change from 155-160.

If you source a complete 160mm pump from a fzr or fzs it will not work as the length of the driveshaft is different from the fx/gp.

what is the difference on the pump side of the drive shaft? from my research the shaft are the same length as the FX. as you said the fzr,fzs are are longer by 1 3/8 of an inch. all the seals and bearings are the same between the VXR 155mm and the FX 160mm pump that i can see on partzilla.com

thanks for you help

Quote Originally Posted by stx-di View Post
    what is the difference on the pump side of the drive shaft? from my research the shaft are the same length as the FX. as you said the fzr,fzs are are longer by 1 3/8 of an inch. all the seals and bearings are the same between the VXR 155mm and the FX 160mm pump that i can see on partzilla.com

thanks for you help
    The svho has the same bearings as the vxr, the svho has an extra seal compared to the vxr so 3 in the svho instead or 2 in the vxr. The seal area of the shaft is longer. I think the threaded area is longer on the svho as well but cant remember. I believe if you use an svho impeller on a vxr shaft or vice versa the impeller spacing to the stator housing is either too close or has a bigger gap. I cant recall exactly which was which but I went through this and had a pump made using a fxho shaft and a svho impeller. You can use washers to space it out or have the impeller hub turned down to fit, there is always a way but having the right parts first off is easier.

Thanks for your help. the 160 has three seals and the 155 has two seals. Yes I'm building a 160 pump and i ordered the shaft for the FX SVHO.

Thread Information