Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    +1
    Well guys & gals I changed Gina’s first exhaust filter at 174hrs the ski was almost 2yrs old. During that time I also greased the idle tensioner pulley bushing, pulled & cleaned intercooler & changed spark plugs. All was well and looked pretty damn good including the exhaust filter still fully intact (still replaced will new). I personally used this as my own gauge moving forward. Figured I could live with that, 1 1/2 - 2 yrs 150+ hrs later before changing the exhaust filter/other maintenance. Moving forward 2 yrs later 179 more hrs (358 hrs in total) I did it all over again. This time no such luck with the exhaust filter being intact. Maybe just lucky but the honeycomb material making up the exhausts filters core was gone. I even pulled both water boxes to make sure it wasn’t lodged. All gone, guess it broke down enough to just pass and dump out. End result the ski was still running great and is still currently. Same maintenance was performed this go around as well. She’s absolutely loves her Kawi (367+hrs) currently. Hell maybe that last trip to the Abaco’s took care of dislodging what was possibly left to the exhaust filter .

Billy D

Quote Originally Posted by yellow jacket View Post
    then why do the s/c skis need an ex filter if the n/a skis dont need one...the reason i took mine off is so i dont haft to worry about it coming apart and its easier to take the water box out if needed + i run fresh water.
    My guess is emissions

Quote Originally Posted by 4-keeps View Post
    Well guys & gals I changed Gina’s first exhaust filter at 174hrs the ski was almost 2yrs old. During that time I also greased the idle tensioner pulley bushing, pulled & cleaned intercooler & changed spark plugs. All was well and looked pretty damn good including the exhaust filter still fully intact (still replaced will new). I personally used this as my own gauge moving forward. Figured I could live with that, 1 1/2 - 2 yrs 150+ hrs later before changing the exhaust filter/other maintenance. Moving forward 2 yrs later 179 more hrs (358 hrs in total) I did it all over again. This time no such luck with the exhaust filter being intact. Maybe just lucky but the honeycomb material making up the exhausts filters core was gone. I even pulled both water boxes to make sure it wasn’t lodged. All gone, guess it broke down enough to just pass and dump out. End result the ski was still running great and is still currently. Same maintenance was performed this go around as well. She’s absolutely loves her Kawi (367+hrs) currently. Hell maybe that last trip to the Abaco’s took care of dislodging what was possibly left to the exhaust filter .

Billy D
    Had same thing happened today, doing 100hr service on my wife's fresh water only ski, pulled exhaust to check filter and it was completely gone! Ski runs great too. I shook water box around and couldn't hear any pieces rattling around in there, guess it has all blown out. She just cruises on this thing, has a very easy life. I am not gonna worry about it guess I'll just order a new one and keep on trucking!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200404_154021.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	459811

4. +1 by:

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    You NEED to ensure that its not stuck in one of the transfer tubes in the waterbox....you can use a small stick mirror and touch....

I will look again with mirror before I put it back together, I have to wait for new one to come in anyway.

i have an 2013 lx ultra300. bought it in 2017 with 20 hours on the meter. it have 60hours now. all have been seawater riding. at 43 hours i experienced problems with idling cold or hot. sometimes even not firing on all cylinders when cold. eco mode seem to help somewhat. all this was due to the exhaust filters was completely gone. after i replaced it at 48 hours, all the problems went away.

Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post
    You NEED to ensure that its not stuck in one of the transfer tubes in the waterbox....you can use a small stick mirror and touch....
    Very good advise sir, I found it with mirror was able to guide it to the opening with some wire,and eased it out with a magnet!!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200405_122805.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	32.7 KB 
ID:	459850Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200405_123227.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	43.3 KB 
ID:	459851

9. +1 by:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information