Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    +1
    Install the plugs.....your problem just might go away

2. +1 by:

I actually bought new plugs for mine thinking maybe they were fouled out or something making it act up but they looked good when I took them out. I swapped them anyway and it didn't fix my issue. I guess I need to find a throttle body.

+1
    Replaced TB and my ski is fixed. No more codes. I hooked up the candoopro scan tool and checked all the voltages per the manual and they all in spec except the closed tps is was .67 and manual say .3 to .4

BTW, this tool is excellent. I have 3 skis I can use it on. Good value for me.

Robert

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by rcrisafulli View Post
    Replaced TB and my ski is fixed. No more codes.

I hooked up the candoopro scan tool ...

BTW, this tool is excellent. I have 3 skis I can use it on. Good value for me.
    Which codes specifcally identified the throttle body as the problem cause?

+1
    I had codes 124 TPS, 128 TPS, 132 APS, 134 APS and 151 RPS. I wish I had the scan tool before I changed the TB. After I swapped it the codes went away. My guess is the tb was bad then sets the APS and RPS code because the TPS values are off.

Robert

You replaced it from just swapping it off another ski like you were saying in a previous post or bought one somewhere? Where did you get the throttle body if you bought one? I haven't had any luck trying to located one other than just a new on from the dealer basically which the greenhulk store shows for like $1150. I just can't get over that price for the little tiny throttle body. My upgraded big throttle body on my car was hundreds less than that lol.

+1
    I have two 2016 FX Cruiser SVHOs. I swapped/stole the TB from the other ski which the motor is out right now. I bought a "new" SVHO TB on the form for 1/3 the cost. It has a different part number on it then my 2016, but that does not mean it is not correct.

I used the known TB because I want to rule out the TB over the APS triggers. I got my scan tool after the TB was swapped on. I can hook up the other TBs and get there voltages and compare them to the working one.

You might want to get the voltages values for the TB and APS before buying any parts.

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by rcrisafulli View Post
    I have two 2016 FX Cruiser SVHOs. I swapped/stole the TB from the other ski which the motor is out right now. I bought a "new" SVHO TB on the form for 1/3 the cost. It has a different part number on it then my 2016, but that does not mean it is not correct.

I used the known TB because I want to rule out the TB over the APS triggers. I got my scan tool after the TB was swapped on. I can hook up the other TBs and get there voltages and compare them to the working one.

You might want to get the voltages values for the TB and APS before buying any parts.

Robert
    Bought one off this forum from someone? As in something someone had laying around or something I could also buy at a hefty discount? I have been looking online and when I did a search using the part number it seems like the older SVHO skis like an FZR, etc also used the same throttle body but still haven't had luck finding one under like $950. Saw one used one on ebay for around $550 from Japan but then it says need to find out what they are and pay any import taxes which I have no clue how to go about doing that so didn't want that hassle on top of the unknown of when the thing would even ever make it here coming from Japan.

+1
    I bought it off this site. Put a wanted ad in the for sale section. You should be able to get a used working one off this site. I see a used one for $700 on ebay right now.

Robert

+1
    If you need a throtle body lmk, i got a couple

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information