Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    +1

Just wondering who all is quarantined

I was in Vancouver last week installing equipment. I flew thru Seattle on the way and coming back. While I was still there my wife said that she got a notice from her work.

It stated that anyone coming in contact with anyone from or traveled thru Cali, Washington and several other states would have to stay away from work for 2 weeks. My wife and I discussed it and let there was no reason in losing pay or using vacation when there isn't much to do.

So when I arrived home my wife had clothes, food and beer in the garage for me. I loaded up the jeep. I packed some extra tools and hooked up the jet ski.

Luckily I just signed a year lease for an RV spot close to the lake. I moved the RV a couple of weeks ago. So I'm here for about 10 more days.

A friend and I were going diving yesterday. But rain, high winds and no visibility in the water changed our mind.

Looks like we will have some nice weather next week. I grabbed my wetsuit on the way out so I'll take the ski out and see how it runs.

No signs of sickness yet, well other than a few too many beers last night.

How is everyone else holding up?

+1

Me and my wife.
    My wife got sick last week. Went to the doctor and they thought she had pneumonia. She didnt, but her work said she could not come back to work untill she was tested for corona. She went and got tested Wednesday and in the mean time she had a reaction to the meds she was taking for what ever sickness she had last week and she is now in the hospital. She has no respitory issues, no fever, cough, nothing just nausea and dizziness. So I tell my work was is going on and someone says (I have a pretty good idea who it was) that they did not feel comfortable with ME being there because of my wife who has no symptoms of corona. This shit is really insane. The hospital she is in will not let ANYONE in, unless your dying, so I cannot visit my wife
    Not sure what other people think of this, but I have been taking hydrochloroquine for my RA for 8 years. I feel pretty confident I am good.

+1
    Sorry to hear about your wife. I hope she is home soon.

What worries me the most is people panicing. I miss my wife but at lest we are both health for the moment.

I'm field service for an indutrial microwave company. Most the plants I go to are foods plants. So they are not bringing anyone in unless they aboslutly have to. I doubt I have any jobs to do for a while. I'm salary so I don't have to worry about pay.

So I'll hang out here until my time is up and go home. Once there I'll go out some but keep it to a minimum.

+1
    I know about 30 people in quarantine cause of travel here in Ontario for the states none sick though. One friend was in New Orleans at a trade show and flew hom the day befor bourbon st was close and was recently contacted cause 3 people tested positive for the virus that he was with. My gf co workers have also had close contact with confirmed cases so we’re now wondering what we she be doing. We’re all being told we can’t hangout with friends family etc but yet we’re still having to go to work.

+1
    Being management at a car dealership, we are deemed a "essential service". We are running a skeleton crew about 30% staff. Past 2 weeks, business has gone down almost 80%. My wife who works for the hospital has been ordered by her Dr. to self isolate. Not because of concern that she has contracted COVID, but due to underlying health issues that make her high risk if she contracts it.

+1
    Staying home................................

+1
    I guess it’s time like this you find that none of us are that different than than the other. No matter your political views or citizenship. We all will deal with this before it’s over. More people will get sick and some will not make it.

Im not saying this to push doom and gloom. I say it because it’s true. Just like we will over come and life will return as normal. Mother Nature is a bitch. And she will never stop.

The saddest part part is a few months after this has passed we all will be bitching and crying about the same crap that we were before this.

Im using this time alone to clear the head. Hell I can talk to myself without someone asking, are you talking to yourself? I’m thinking back on all the good times and how even though there are plenty of bad, they don’t really come to mind

I wish everyone the best of luck. If you find yourself alone for too long, please reach out. We don’t have to physically know each other to have a conversation.

+1
    Just staying home in SE Wisconsin. Wife is working from home and I'm home and in the isolated office (3 miles away). We are both in IT. Son is finishing the college semester online. I'm just waiting for the warmer weather. I can hear my Waverunner calling from storage, along with the kayaks and the new SUPs. I will surely stay 6 ft away from anything while on the water for many weeks if I have to {grin}. I'm 3 miles from Lake Michigan.

MSX 150 guy lives on Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by mwend View Post
    Just staying home in SE Wisconsin. Wife is working from home and I'm home and in the isolated office (3 miles away). We are both in IT. Son is finishing the college semester online. I'm just waiting for the warmer weather. I can hear my Waverunner calling from storage, along with the kayaks and the new SUPs. I will surely stay 6 ft away from anything while on the water for many weeks if I have to {grin}. I'm 3 miles from Lake Michigan.

Right now my plan is to hit Lake Michigan Wednesday. Weather looks good for it

+1
    Yup weíre all in this together no matter what side of the border, this effect everyone. We need to always remind ourselves about what really matters. Everything is replaceable except our health and loved ones. These are definitely trying times. I havenít been able to see my parents, brother my little nieces or any family at all. Iím not alone but definitely hard not seeing the family.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information