Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    +1
    My school has been closed for 2 weeks. I've been doing virtual school with my crew and we're scheduled to be back on 4/20. We shall see!

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    they just closed all of our schools for the rest of the year

+1
    Up here, they have deemed marina's a essential service and dont have to close. A 3rd of our population is laid off, but getting the toys ready for the season is essential.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    the tourism department just cancelled all of their upcoming ads, and no word as to when they might be opening the lake up. I do alot of work at storage lockers so as long as the lake opens up, I might be able to survive, even if they force my business to stay closed as being non-essential

5. +1 by:

+1
    Me? I'm staying home. My dog is lovin' it. Teleworking mostly, yet I have to go on-site once per work to check the IT systems I manage. I do it after-hours to reduce social interaction. I'm in a fairly "hot" county of high positive counts, yet thankfully I know of no immediate folks in my local circles whom have or had it - hope it stays that way.
    In an effort to shed a little positive light here ... I think the staying at home and the social-distancing efforts will reap big dividends in the coming weeks, so please everyone, just hunker-down and hang-in there. Oh, and don't get discouraged if your town is and has been locked-down yet numbers are still rising on the news ... it's lag. In a couple of weeks or so from now, I calculate most areas will finally show to be on the backside of the 'curve', with the harder-hit areas to follow a little later on. Best analogy right now, is that this is like a fire and "we" are the fuel ... so let's keep all the trees far apart and let this thing burn itself out.
    Take care everyone !

I’m in the Automotive business as a technician in CT. As someone else said we are considered essential. And same as most down to skeleton crew. But I must say so far with all the cut back in workers so far I have been busy and doing fine. So far... Wife and kids are home not going anywhere. A plus side to all this could be a Golden opportunity to invest in the stock market.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by EricD View Post
    ... Golden opportunity to invest in the stock market.
    Be careful with that. Some companies are not going to come out the other side of this in the same condition they were before February 2020. Some might not make it to the end of the year.

Others will recover, but that recovery could take longer than many expect or never to anywhere near the prior highs.

Complex subject, and I cannot provide investment advice here.

+1
    Stuck at home and going a little nutty living alone and not seeing my friends for weeks on end. On the plus side, I'm getting tons of projects done (or at least partially done, if Amazon would hurry up and ship parts/tools).

+1
    Yea understand that. I’m waiting on carb kits for the ski and some dive gear parts to finish going to double tanks.

But it here in rural Kansas numbers are low and just 1 death in the country and the real story there was she died from a heart attack from an over dose. But she tested positive so she counts.

I keep hearing people preface statements with things like "in these trying times", or "in these uncertain times", but my job is considered essential infrastructure so my life hasn't changed at all...besides there being less traffic on I-205 which is nice.As far as stocks go, just avoid ones with lots of long term debt. You can look this up in 10-k sec filings under the "balance sheet" section. If I had more free time I would take up a new hobby. I bought myself a new welding shirt recently, now I just need a welder. It drives me crazy that I keep buying metal shelves at 2x the material cost...No MORE!
    Last edited by derpydotson; 05-17-2020 at 01:56 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information