+1

Lucky 13 cone questions

Just got mine in the mail and I have a few questions.

2017 FX SVHO: Low down on my ski, Riva stage one, Intake grate, Solas YV-CD-13/20 prop, Riva air filter bypass, Riva thru-the hull exhaust.

1) The instructions say to bore the steering cone out 5mm over the already 87mm cone that is stock for the ski. The instructions seem to be generic for all skis. Is 5mm the magic number for my ski or should I make the hole smaller?

2) I have heard to extend the steering nozzle one inch longer then what it is now. Is that recommended?

3) What cone spacers should I start off with?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts

+1
    For item #1 that is for the skis with the SHO venturi nozzle which I believe was 81 or 83mm from the factory. Target diameter with the L13 is 86-87mm, so leave yours alone.

#2 I have not heard anything about extending the steering nozzle, though it used to come oval shaped from the factory, not sure if it still does. Bore it round. I think it will end up being 90.5-91mm. I think you want a 5-6mm difference between the steering and venturi nozzles.

#3 starting with no spacers is the general rule, but it would help if we knew your current RPM and what your target running RPM at WOT is.

3. +1 by:

+1
    Really not sure the RPM's now or what I want them to be. I will start out with no spacers and go from there.

The venturi is 87mm's now. The steering nozzle is oval shaped. I am not to sure that I can bore it any more then the 91mm's that the wide end is now.

+1
    Flapper wheel the steering nozzle, so it's no longer oval. Make it 91mm round.

I also forgot to add that you should remove the siphon tube if you haven't already. It will allow easier addition and removal of rings without taking apart the steering/venturi nozzle assembly. Some people have also reported the ski pulling one way or the other with the siphon tube left in.

+1
    Will do. I am guessing that you are saying to just cut off the siphon tube flush with the nozzle. Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Racerx886 View Post
    Will do. I am guessing that you are saying to just cut off the siphon tube flush with the nozzle. Thanks for the help.
    you take it out and fill the hole with jb weld...i took vice grips and clamp one end close leaving the vice grips clamped to the tube and with a long punch from the other end beat it out with a hammer. u might want to twist on it a few time to break it free.

+1
    After looking at it I figured it needed to be removed totally and filled up. I removed the tube already. What did you do with the rubber line that went to that tube?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Racerx886 View Post
    After looking at it I figured it needed to be removed totally and filled up. I removed the tube already. What did you do with the rubber line that went to that tube?
    That rubber hose mounts to a fitting on the transom plate. Remove the hose from the transom plate and then block off the fitting with a rubber cap. You can get vacuum caps at any auto parts store. Or cut the hose off short, put a bolt in it and clamp it down to block the hose off.

10. +1 by:

+1
    Thanks everyone! All done. Just waiting for it to warm up....

Thread Information