Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    +1

Who uses Deans team tune 19+ Fx SVHO

Been trying to figure out some problems with my ski and I知 wondering if what I知 experiencing is normal or may have something to do with problems. My tune is 9500 rev limit, running RPM is 9200 I have all supporting mods.I know that the stock speedo will only read 70 even if going faster. Mine reads 45 mph when WOT. Being that the ecu reads engine load and rpm to calculate speed, would a bad ecu or incorrectly uploaded tune cause this malfunction?

In theory, I知 at WOT and revving it high but the ecu is only dumping enough fuel and timing for 45 mph causing a lean condition? I may be completely wrong and those of you that have a similar setup with a 19+ Fx may experience the same speedo malfunction. Let me know what your experience so I can get some feedback on what I could eliminate as the culprit. Also post if you run a map tuner tune to compare.

Thanks!

i had problems with a r&d tune on my 16 kawasaki 310r. it would runs rich. sent it back twice to glen but it still would run rich. after 3 hrs i had to change the oil. never had that problem untill i put the r&d tune in it. i fought it for 2 yrs. it sat most of last year while i was playing with my 16 fx svho riva maptune stage3. so this year i put the riva map tune in the kawasaki. it started great havent ran it yet but my fingers are cross...to my point glen said there wasnt nothing wrong with his tune but i had problems every since i put it in. i know theres people out there who has good luck with the r&d tune but not me.

+1
    thanks but, hasn’t R&D been out of business since 2017?
    Quote Originally Posted by yellow jacket View Post
    i had problems with a r&d tune on my 16 kawasaki 310r. it would runs rich. sent it back twice to glen but it still would run rich. after 3 hrs i had to change the oil. never had that problem untill i put the r&d tune in it. i fought it for 2 yrs. it sat most of last year while i was playing with my 16 fx svho riva maptune stage3. so this year i put the riva map tune in the kawasaki. it started great havent ran it yet but my fingers are cross...to my point glen said there wasnt nothing wrong with his tune but i had problems every since i put it in. i know theres people out there who has good luck with the r&d tune but not me.

Quote Originally Posted by DanSVHO View Post
    thanks but, hasn’t R&D been out of business since 2017?
    something like that, i was thinking 2018. i put the tune in 2017 he re worked it a couple of times. late summer and fall that yr. i was going to sent it back again to put the stock tune back in it in 2018 and he was out, so i guess late 17 or early 18... but that wasnt the pt. the point was just because ur tuner said it was ok doesnt mean its ok...

+1
    Did you ever run Deans tune to compare it to Riva or R&D

Quote Originally Posted by mittens View Post
    Did you ever run Deans tune to compare it to Riva or R&D
    no...ive ran the map tune on seadoos and yamaha and never had a problem. skis ran great and had good customer service which means a lot thats something i hear dean is lacking in and from more than one person. thats why i went with the map tune on the kawasaki i hope it fix my problem fingers cross. deans tune are all right he has a following but i dont like having to send out the ecu every time i need a change. been there and done that and it sucks...from what dan said he took his ski to dean but it sounds like he didnt get it fix, from what he is saying or am i wrong??

+1
    No. I don’t think it’s fixed. I feeL something is inherently wrong with the ski and even though the tune may be good, the ski isn’t. So many strange quarks and off putting readings that just don’t add up. Not being able to read afr, doesn’t feel like it has that punch, Dash reads 45 wot, and the weirdest of all, fuel in the right footwell.
    no...ive ran the map tune on seadoos and yamaha and never had a problem. skis ran great and had good customer service which means a lot thats something i hear dean is lacking in and from more than one person. thats why i went with the map tune on the kawasaki i hope it fix my problem fingers cross. deans tune are all right he has a following but i dont like having to send out the ecu every time i need a change. been there and done that and it sucks...from what dan said he took his ski to dean but it sounds like he didnt get it fix, from what he is saying or am i wrong??

got ya...if dean couldnt fix it and they say he's good and short of putting another tune in it like a map tune, u might want to put the ski back to stock and sell it. i feel your pain i chased this kawasaki for 2 yrs it ran good with the r&d stage 2 and over drive pulley close to 77mph @8400r's with stock grate it was a beast in the chop and a hell of a hole shot. but changing the oil every 2-3 hrs didnt cut it. every thing glen said to do to fix it didnt work and kept costing me more money...thats not the to run a business and why i dont have much good to say about him. if ur going to sell a kit put every thing in it ou need. dont sell the kit and then say you need this and now you need that to make it work...thats bull shit. now on the other hand my 16 svho stage 3/17lb 9500 tune runs like a bat out of hell and does what riva said it would do and even more...and get this with even less parts than riva said you needed...now how about that.

+1
    yea. I feel like their new ski is a lemon man. So many issues and quarks-my last ski had more mods and was faster and I never had problems like this. The fuel in the foot well really gets me though. I mean the fuel rail is on the right side so maybe it’s squirting under the seat and leaking down the side? Or maybe fuel leaking in hull and back syphoning up the footwell drain. Those are the only two possibilities. I checked for leaks in tank and fuel line and al good. And fuel rail gets pressurized and no squirting or leaks... so wtf.... back topic-anyone have a deans tune for new Fx?
    got ya...if dean couldnt fix it and they say he's good and short of putting another tune in it like a map tune, u might want to put the ski back to stock and sell it. i feel your pain i chased this kawasaki for 2 yrs it ran good with the r&d stage 2 and over drive pulley close to 77mph @8400r's with stock grate it was a beast in the chop and a hell of a hole shot. but changing the oil every 2-3 hrs didnt cut it. every thing glen said to do to fix it didnt work and kept costing me more money...thats not the to run a business and why i dont have much good to say about him. if ur going to sell a kit put every thing in it ou need. dont sell the kit and then say you need this and now you need that to make it work...thats bull shit. now on the other hand my 16 svho stage 3/17lb 9500 tune runs like a bat out of hell and does what riva said it would do and even more...and get this with even less parts than riva said you needed...now how about that.

+1
    Ok you have all the supporting mods so please list what mods you have and who did all the work ?

as far as deans service if you follow directions and fill out the paper work and list what mods you have and what tune you want his turn around time is fast,

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information