1007 Polaris sl1050 no spark, canít find a replacement regulator/rectifier

An old roommate of mine got a new Jet Ski and gave me her old one. She said it just quit one day. She replaced the battery but said something kept draining it. When I got it, one of the black wires coming out of the top of the regulator/rectifier that went to the battery ground was burned and came apart. The Jet Ski wouldn’t crank over. After repairing the wire it will crank but no spark.

I bypassed the R/R by holding down the bilge button while cranking. Still no spark.

If it's the regulator/rectifier, I'll need to replace it but I can't find any with two black wires coming out of the top. (The other black wire coming out of the top of the regulator/rectifier goes to the hold down bracket for the ignition coil in the other side of the electrical box). I'll try to attach a pic of one similar to mine. Mine is a REG./RECT/CUTOFF, LR23, 4060171.

The replacements I’ve found only have 3 wires coming out of the front of the regulator/rectifier, an orange, a yellow and a red w/black (or purple) stripe. If I install one with only 3 wires, can I just connect the black wire that burned to the bolt holding in the regulator/rectifier and jump a ground wire from there over to the hold down bracket for the ignition coil in the other side of the electrical box? I assume that's how the electrical box is getting it's ground.

Thanks, Dayton
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Black wires to regulator.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	167.1 KB 
ID:	459159  

+1
    Hey Dayton, Welcome to GreenHulk.
    A picture of YOUR electrical box will be best to proceed.

Yes the thin black wire at the LR does cround the LR and electrical box half. But it is attached by the allen bolt holding the board down, and grounds the LR by touching the metal bracket that is part of the LR.

You can look up all parts here;http://parts.polarisind.com/Browse/Browse.asp

The LR31-1 or 2 will be the replacement part, but you might not need it.
    In later models with a newer design CDI, the LR was used to shut off the CDI.
    A picture will tell what you have to work with,

Thanks, Casey67. I’ll try to post some pics of the inside of my electrical box soon.

Thread Information