Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1
    Rook87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    201
    +1
    25

    Dean's ecu service

    So... how long does it take for y'all to get your ECU's back?
    I've had his tune for 4 years now and my ecu is currently there for the 3rd time. I know what my experience has been with these processes. Any other takers?


  2. #2
    raiderx72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Rocky Hill, CT
    Posts
    816
    +1
    89
    All depends on the time of year you send it and how busy they are. I have yet to have bad experience with Deans team.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    North Carolina on Jordan Lake
    Posts
    477
    +1
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by Rook87 View Post
    my ecu is currently there for the 3rd time. I know what my experience has been with these processes.
    Some customers will never be satisfied or ever be happy.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    Between my friends and family, we have had about 6 or 7 ECUs Flashed by Jerry . We have always had a good experiences with Dean`s Racing Team when getting these ECU-s Re-Flashed by him or buying products from him. He calls to ask some questions with the regards to the setup of the ski before flashing the tune to the ski, and spends time on the phone answering our questions. You could not ask for better service and he is always courteous and fast. Any other takers?

    Been dealing with Dean`s Racing Team for many years now.

    Take Care CJ
    Last edited by cjk6119; 03-16-2020 at 05:26 AM.

  4. +1 by:


  5. #4
    mittens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    617
    +1
    60
    When I get a hold of Dean he is super nice, well knowledged. The tune feels good. But to be fare I have never tried a riva tune. I am currently shopping for one to compair.

    But I will say the lack of communication is a pain. I can call the office and rarely someone answers (think just name is Justin ) and I have deans cell phone as well. It's not a fluid convo or on time.

    I don't want to be black listed or on someone's bad side. But with today's tech. Email,cell, text. It should not be this hard to get answers.

  6. #5
    Rook87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    201
    +1
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by cjk6119 View Post
    Some customers will never be satisfied or ever be happy.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    Between my friends and family, we have had about 6 or 7 ECUs Flashed by Jerry . We have always had a good experiences with Dean`s Racing Team when getting these ECU-s Re-Flashed by him or buying products from him. He calls to ask some questions with the regards to the setup of the ski before flashing the tune to the ski, and spends time on the phone answering our questions. You could not ask for better service and he is always courteous and fast. Any other takers?

    Been dealing with Dean`s Racing Team for many years now.

    Take Care CJ
    Are you on crack dude? Get the hell outta here. Every post you make doesnt make sense. Then you spend the next few days editing your post to make them even more ridiculous.
    The bold text is what this troll came back to add after he initially left an appropriate post btw.
    Last edited by Rook87; 03-16-2020 at 07:37 PM.

  7. +1 by:


  8. #6

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Nashville, Tn
    Posts
    874
    +1
    107
    Absolutely great experiences. Helping with builds I sent 3-4 off last year and one already this year. No problems what so ever

  9. #7
    Rook87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    201
    +1
    25
    My ski is absolutely awesome running with his tune, in no way am I bashing his work. <--- READ THAT OVER AND OVER "CJ"

    I'm just getting at how long it takes, as it's over a month currently. And previous times when I reach out after a months time is when they say they'll look into it.

    This post is more conversation piece for people that may be torn between the Riva maptuner kit vs Dean's. If I had the option to do it all over again I'd still go the Dean route but the time it takes would make others clearly choose maptuner to be able to do it themselves and be back to riding the same day vs 2 months later.

  10. #8
    mittens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    617
    +1
    60
    I've not bought a riva maptuner yet. But everytime I email Jesus. I get a response in hours...

    I have not gotten a response from my text to dean.

  11. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by mittens View Post
    I've not bought a riva maptuner yet. But everytime I email Jesus. I get a response in hours...

    I have not gotten a response from my text to dean.
    Yup...

  12. #10
    Baja FZS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    KC & LOTO
    Posts
    135
    +1
    22
    I've had the R-3 tune for years, works okay, but maybe over time new things are learned and I should get it updated?
    Any benefit to having Dean re-flash it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. SOLD .
    By ctct2118 in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-23-2019, 01:44 PM
  2. Dean's Team level 4 ECU 2017 GP1800 +$$$
    By Hurricane1000 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-26-2018, 11:49 AM
  3. SOLD Dean's Team Flashed ECU FZR SVHO
    By wilsonma in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-04-2017, 01:16 PM
  4. ~*~*~ Dean's Team SVHO ECU reflash review ~*~*~
    By Gus13letter in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 09-30-2016, 07:17 AM
  5. Dean's Team ECU Reflashes available now! $550
    By Green Hulk in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 07-25-2016, 07:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •