IBR movement at startup

I posted about my IBR a while ago. I'll update that thread with how I managed to get the IBR off the ski. But I did eventually get the IBR bucket off and was able to remove the IBR actuator unit (inside the hull).

The IBR bucket moves freely so the problem must be with the IBR actuator. The IBR actuator is packaged as a non-service item, but I opened it up anyway. There is a small circuit board which controls a servo motor. I hit the servo motor with 12V and it moves freely in and out. So that leaves either the circuit board or the IBR control at the handlebars.

The ski is in my basement right now so I can't just start it up to test. So I'm hoping somebody can remind me if the bucket moves to neutral when you wake the ski up or only when you actually start it? My bucket is in the fully down position and when I wake the ski, it doesn't move at all. It also doesn't move in IBR override mode, but that uses the VTS up and down buttons so I don't know how that signal gets sent to the IBR actuator.

I also measured voltage on the leads that control the servo motor and it doesn't see any voltage when I wake the ski or when I move it in IBR override mode. So If somebody tells me the bucket moves to neutral when you wake, then that implies the circuit board is the problem. On the other hand if it needs to be started to move the bucket to neutral I'll have to wait for a nicer day and roll it outside and start it.

+1
    Look over fuses

+1
    What year ski ??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DR2006RXP View Post
    Look over fuses
    I'm pretty sure he's already done that prior to tearing it apart. To answer your question, no it does not go into N when you wake it up, only when after you start it up. At least that's what mine does.

+1
    Yes bucket only goes to N when you start the engine.
    If you wake up the ski and are not able to use the iBr override function big changes your iBr is toast.

My Ski is a 2016 Wake Pro 215. I'm mostly certain the circuit board is toast, but just trying to confirm.
    I've heard the end user can't even replace the IBR actuator because it has to be flashed with software at the dealer. Is this true?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Merc70 View Post
    My Ski is a 2016 Wake Pro 215. I'm mostly certain the circuit board is toast, but just trying to confirm.
    I've heard the end user can't even replace the IBR actuator because it has to be flashed with software at the dealer. Is this true?
    It can be replaced by the end user , you did the hard part removing it , if I fact defective you can replace it .

Thread Information