Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    +1
    I want to know why in the ski world 12.0-12.2 is acceptable. but in the car world that's crazy lean? we shoot for 11.5 in most cases when tuning a boosted LS.

but then thee skis, spinning 9300 rpms, and 17 lbs of boost 12.2AFR ha

is it because the load is less or more with a transmission or what?

2. +1 by:

+1
    Double post.

+1
    There are so many factors. In super Hugh boost applications there is so much heat generated that extra fuel is probably needed as cooling rather that fuel needed to burn. Plus every platform is different as far as where the optimum afr should be. As we all know, there is way more to tuning that just afr. Maybe at 11.5 the timing is advance a ton at at 12 it isn’t?

+1

19/20lb wheel and vxr combo

Need to know if keeping the riva titanium retainers only is good enough for the valve train? Or do I need springs also? Running rpm should be around 9200. Rev limit to 9500. Thanks

+1
    I have retainers only spinning 9100 and 9300 limiter.

7. +1 by:

+1
    Need to revive this thread. The sensor is still doing the same thing. It reads for 2 minutes and then climbs up after Minutes of
    riding. After 5-10 min, reads 18+ and then goes blank because it can’t read that lean. The sensor is clearly getting wet even with the innovate bung extender. How in the world is this possible? Does the metal Factory gasket Have to be facing a certain way when reinstalling? I even. Tried restricting the water rectifier line to reduce the water getting in there and doesn’t work. What should I do?

Quote Originally Posted by DanSVHO View Post
    Need to revive this thread. The sensor is still doing the same thing. It reads for 2 minutes and then climbs up after Minutes of
    riding. After 5-10 min, reads 18+ and then goes blank because it canít read that lean. The sensor is clearly getting wet even with the innovate bung extender. How in the world is this possible? Does the metal Factory gasket Have to be facing a certain way when reinstalling? I even. Tried restricting the water rectifier line to reduce the water getting in there and doesnít work. What should I do?
    If your still running a stock waterbox and restricting water doesnt work try pulling the exhaust manifold at the head and makesure you dont have an upstream gasket leak.You will sometimes get one mid manifold and it will spray water pre sensor and kill them right away.If your still killing sensors I would just go to the SHO exhaust manifold.The sensor is located alot more upstream and they tend to last twice as long

+1
    thanks for the tip. So your saying the manifold gasket itself maybe bad? What about the gasket at the riva o2 adapter? I know it’s a reusable gasket. When I installed it I remember buying a new fresh gasket to install there. Does it matter the orientation of the gasket when installed? Meaning one side is ribbed And the other flat.
    Quote Originally Posted by FXSlowKroozer View Post
    If your still running a stock waterbox and restricting water doesnt work try pulling the exhaust manifold at the head and makesure you dont have an upstream gasket leak.You will sometimes get one mid manifold and it will spray water pre sensor and kill them right away.If your still killing sensors I would just go to the SHO exhaust manifold.The sensor is located alot more upstream and they tend to last twice as long

Not gonna read through the whole thread but if you ran any addivtive or fogged the engine the sensor is done. I switched to Klotz booster because itnaont screw up the O2. Any king of oil or MMT or lead in gas will fudge it up permanently. Mine would do the same thing if additive or the time I fogged it and forgot to pull sensor and blow it out first. Slightly high and lore you run it the leaner the gauge reads

+1
    Nope. No additives. It’s only when ski is in water and within minutes it starts reading lean and finally goes so lean it doesn’t register. Then it’s shot for the rest of the day. If I turn it off and wait for a bit it’s normal again but soon as I drive off, it does same thing. It’s very wet in there and I’m beginning to think it’s a bad gasket.
    Quote Originally Posted by scittb View Post
    Not gonna read through the whole thread but if you ran any addivtive or fogged the engine the sensor is done. I switched to Klotz booster because itnaont screw up the O2. Any king of oil or MMT or lead in gas will fudge it up permanently. Mine would do the same thing if additive or the time I fogged it and forgot to pull sensor and blow it out first. Slightly high and lore you run it the leaner the gauge reads

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information