Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    +1
    You guys might try removing the O2 sensor , starting the ski and verifying if any water is blasting down the manifold.....we did an FZS pipe using a 24mm length time-cert and it was leaking water because the thread engagement was not sufficient.....there was a lot of water hitting the sensor and killing it...….we have done three pipes since using a 27mm length time cert with lots of red lock-tite and it has worked fine. the manifold is double walled and is around 24mm + or - 2 mm or so and the longer time cert has sufficient thread engagement to seal out the water. before we used this Fix, the water would pop the O2 sensor within the first hour riding. maybe this will help you.

+1
    Nvm. Lol I thought you were saying I am leaner than you. Yes you are correct. I’m probably right at 11.7-11.9 I just have no way of knowing. And let’s not forget the fuel in my foot well! Started to slip with my right foot and smelled gas. Next thing I look down and I see a rainbow in the right footwell-I smell it’s gas. This happened to me a month ago and I passed it off as residual grease, grime, of oil from when it was at Deans. I scrubbed it off with dawn when I went home thinking it was soaked in the foot pads. Well, it’s back so... wtf haha. Weirdest thing ever. Is it possible for it to back syphon from foot well drain? Maybe some residual oil/gas in hull? I don’t know I’m thinking about any possibility.

+1
    thanks for the reply. Forgive my ignorance but what is a time cert? Are you talking about a o2 extender or the exhaust stinger, (trumpet looking exhaust piece) if you talking about the latter-i used a new one and used the special lock tire that riva instructs to use. It’s a greenish color for very course threads-I used a lot to make sure the threads sealed. On a side note I removed the O2 sensor and it was very wet even a day after me riding.
    Quote Originally Posted by txgp1300r View Post
    You guys might try removing the O2 sensor , starting the ski and verifying if any water is blasting down the manifold.....we did an FZS pipe using a 24mm length time-cert and it was leaking water because the thread engagement was not sufficient.....there was a lot of water hitting the sensor and killing it...….we have done three pipes since using a 27mm length time cert with lots of red lock-tite and it has worked fine. the manifold is double walled and is around 24mm + or - 2 mm or so and the longer time cert has sufficient thread engagement to seal out the water. before we used this Fix, the water would pop the O2 sensor within the first hour riding. maybe this will help you.

+1
    I think he is taking to me about the older manifold where you could taken out a plug, and install a bung. Which worked but I killed sensors.. so this ski with the riva adapter I have been SUPER Paranoid And don't idle with it in... just swap in on the water for a test ride and then back out... but 2 rides and a idle back in cause the boost hose came off and she was dry and seems fine.. so maybe that was my issue on the old one and the riva adapter, with the heat sink. And I will have no issues and can run it most the time..

+1
    So you run the riva adapter with a bung extender and it reads accurately? Doesn’t it have to be directly in the stream? Regardless, my old ski ran this exact setup and I kept the o2 in all the time and never had an issue. Wondering if it’s something to do with the 19+ my speedo only reads 45mph when wot.
    Quote Originally Posted by mittens View Post
    I think he is taking to me about the older manifold where you could taken out a plug, and install a bung. Which worked but I killed sensors.. so this ski with the riva adapter I have been SUPER Paranoid And don't idle with it in... just swap in on the water for a test ride and then back out... but 2 rides and a idle back in cause the boost hose came off and she was dry and seems fine.. so maybe that was my issue on the old one and the riva adapter, with the heat sink. And I will have no issues and can run it most the time..

+1
    Currently yes Riva 02 adapter.
    with the heat sink linked below,
    and the wide band.

I did have to make custom washer to get spacing right so when tight the hole was lined up with the exhuast flow. As far as accurate not sure how to know other then look at plugs and verify in same idea of range. But the sink is made for this exact use to shield from to much heat or water.

Innovate Motorsports 3729 Heat-Sink Bung Extender HBX-1 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000CO9MFI..._ntdCEbY2M6G0G

+1
    I was referring to https://www.timesert.com/ drilling and tapping the pipe...not the bell or trumpet..I thought I was clear ?

X
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200315_134102.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	32.0 KB 
ID:	459171   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200315_134035.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	37.1 KB 
ID:	459172  
    Last edited by Jhb; 05-12-2020 at 04:14 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by txgp1300r View Post
    I was referring to https://www.timesert.com/ drilling and tapping the pipe...not the bell or trumpet..I thought I was clear ?
    Ok. I understand.

+1
    Took jet out for the first time yesterday and when ski was warmer gauge read 12.5-13. 20 min later was reading 14-14.5. Adjusted to be richer and said 11.5 for a sec then went back up to 12.5-13. All over the place-canít get it to read right. I will try the innovate extender you mentioned. Itís an extender right? Does it hit the bulkhead when o2 is installed? Seems like it would. Anyway. Donít know what else to do.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information