Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    +1
    Glad to here. O2 extension cable is way to go

+1

New Logger from VTECH for Bosch ECU skis

Quote Originally Posted by ptscon View Post
    I got my unit today, looks nice but I have some little issues that maybe will get addressed.

The good:

It's nice and compact and looks to be at least water resistant if not water proof.

Can confirm that cluster AFR works without MaptunerX connected. It seems like AFR is the only option to display on the cluster, or at least I did not see a way to change that.

What could be improved:

No docs of any kind came with it. I'm techy so no big deal but for regular people this might be a bit more of a problem.

I expected the unit would come with everything to hook up but on my PX a standard O2 sensor will not reach the diagnostic port where the logger will be plugged in. Will have to buy or build diagnostic port, or O2, extension so I can mount the logger closer to the engine where O2 will reach.

It's not clear how to get to the setup screen. If you power up your ski it will load the dash screen, there's no button or anything to enter setup. I think the only way is to wait until the ski goes into sleep, that means waiting couple minutes after pulling the lanyard.

Under setup, going to "On The Air Update" there seem to be different types of software you can load. There's one to allow AFR to cluster, one with something called GIZMO, one with just logging of AFR. Then there's 6 options marked in red which when clicking brings up a message to go to some Russian site. Eh?

There doesn't seem to be a way to change what sensor data is displayed using wifi viewer. It only shows O2 sensor details, would be nice to see other logging values but I guess it will only show O2 related info.

The "GIZMO" software has a bunch of options that are not clear what they do. Have a look at the screen shot.

I think the reason it's not widely available yet is some small things still need to be worked out for mass usage.

Instructions attached

"GIZMO" is the CCK Coding. Enter the following coding

System 0 - 23
    System 1 - 00
    Conf. 0 - 18
    Conf. 1 - 00

This will enable the SCOM/sport mode feature, but will only work if you follow Riva's process on how to activate. I attached Riva's institutions for you.

I believe VTECH designed these around the ST3 skis hence the lack of wiring.

As for pushing different parameters to the dash, you'll need a different version of map tuner firmware. I'm not sure when or if that will be released but while in monitoring app, push and hold any parameter and see if it prompts you to display to dash.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	462124   ULA-102.pdf   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	69.5 KB 
ID:	462125  
    Last edited by Scott; 05-24-2020 at 10:53 AM.

3. +1 by:

+1
    Any luck using the cck coding?

I just tried on a 2018 rxtx and sport mode as soon as the key hit the post. Amazing

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Any luck using the cck coding?

I just tried on a 2018 rxtx and sport mode as soon as the key hit the post. Amazing

Have not tried yet, I wasn't sure what the heck you were talking about till just now when I had a second look at my screen shots and noticed the text boxes at the bottom to enter those numbers

But, if I flash the logger with software that includes GIZMO I lose cluster output. The only option on mine that includes gizmo is CAN+GIZMO but no CLUSTER. The option that includes CAN+GIZMO+CLUSTER is red for me and when clicking it it pops up a message to go to some Russian site.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ptscon View Post
    Have not tried yet, I wasn't sure what the heck you were talking about till just now when I had a second look at my screen shots and noticed the text boxes at the bottom to enter those numbers

But, if I flash the logger with software that includes GIZMO I lose cluster output. The only option on mine that includes gizmo is CAN+GIZMO but no CLUSTER. The option that includes CAN+GIZMO+CLUSTER is red for me and when clicking it it pops up a message to go to some Russian site.
    Flash the 4th option down. Thatís the one Iím using but also had my bank account hacked but since recovered.

+1
    Screen shot of software I'm using
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	14.5 KB 
ID:	462236  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Screen shot of software I'm using

Pretty weird, on mine that option is red and when selecting it a message pops up saying to visit brptuning . ru

+1
    Geez.....just got mine. Waiting on O2 extension. Sounds like this is gonna be fun figuring out. Thanks Scott for providing some instructions.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GTRD View Post
    Geez.....just got mine. Waiting on O2 extension. Sounds like this is gonna be fun figuring out. Thanks Scott for providing some instructions.

Can you post a screen shot of your "On The Air Updated" screen?

+1
    Do we know if these things get VIN locked? Wonder if we'll be able to re-sell them when time comes, it always does.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread Information