Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    I was planning on replacing the filter, tank was empty when i got it. - Man the glove box is out, hoods open, seat is off. i haven't done it yet but the display will be coming out among other things

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Decompression View Post
    Edit 2005, STX12F. Found the registration and original order in paperwork. Last things done to it - Wearing housing, jet pump bearing, drive shaft, impeller, drive line, shaft, steering cable, reverse cable, pipe assymbly, R&R pipe assy. not sure about the R&R assy. just what it says on WO.
    R&R means 'Remove & Replace'. Don't know what a 'drive line' is. Did they replace the drive shaft? Don't know why they would do that, but if they did, they should have replaced the drive shaft bearing and holder.

Spoke to my buddy about it, apparently it sat so long that the impeller was stuck? and this is what the guy did to repair it. "drive line rebuild kit" is one of the items. 150.00 supposedly the only guy who works on Kawasaki on the island.

guy seemed twitchy to me like he had an addiction

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Spoke to my buddy about it, apparently it sat so long that the impeller was stuck? and this is what the guy did to repair it. "drive line rebuild kit" is one of the items. 150.00 supposedly the only guy who works on Kawasaki on the island.

guy seemed twitchy to me like he had an addiction
    That is probably a swelled impeller wear ring. If so, the pump needs to be replaced or the wear ring swapped. The impeller might also be trash since it wears.

Sean

supposedly its all been replaced. the internals on the jet drive look brand new, not even dirty, no salt, nothin

Okay i can hear all four injectors working now. audible ticking. something i could not hear before. makes me thing that the others were bad and the only reason it had any fuel pressure at all was due to the clogs in the others. it wants to start but cant. it was a miracle that is started with the others in at all. but i still need to get a fuel pump. i say this as the fuel lines feel as if there empty and i do not hear a prime. however i was able to get slow mode to shut off and that incessant beeping to go away. without messing with wires.

+1
    Do pump and filter first and check pressure, if still low. Replace regulator.

Sean

can not find regulator for ski online, some have implied that filter works as regulator.

+1
    can not find regulator for ski online, some have implied that filter works as regulator.

Filter does not count as a regulator.

If the pressure is less than 43psi you need to run remove the stock regulator and install an inline regulator on the return side.

Sean

Okay i replaced fuel filter and plugs today got it started again with strong battery waiting to find a pump, Runs but wont idle, will stay running with throttle manipulation. Things are a bit hard to find right now due to the massive amounts of hording going on. what aftermarket fuel pump would you recommend. as the ones for it supposedly in the 500$ range OEM

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information