Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 52
  1. #21
    My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    4,887
    +1
    365
    Quote Originally Posted by Decompression View Post
    shit thats what happened to 3, filled with what i am fairly certain is fuel
    Yeah, replace the injectors and try again.

    Sean

  2. #22
    steve45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    7,232
    +1
    711
    With 170 hours on it, it's time to check the valve clearance.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeysevin View Post
    Yeah, replace the injectors and try again.

    Sean
    I've been looking around and can only find re-manufactured injectors, Is this the same as running a cleaning on them and buying a rebuild kit?

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    With 170 hours on it, it's time to check the valve clearance.
    I was planning on checking the adjustment for them anyway, if i have to pull the head ill probably go so far as to lap them too. need to get a service manual so i can get em to where they need to be with a feeler gauge.

  5. #25
    My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    4,887
    +1
    365
    Quote Originally Posted by Decompression View Post
    I've been looking around and can only find re-manufactured injectors, Is this the same as running a cleaning on them and buying a rebuild kit?
    If you buy remanufactured injectors, they should validate them. If you try and clean them, you may not be able to fix a stuck injector.

    There is a business in houston called injector rx that does cleaning and flow testing for like $10/injector.

    If it were me, I would buy rebuilt ones from a reputable seller, then send yours off to get cleaned.

    A reputable seller should be able to give you data on them when you buy and would offer a replacement if they don't work. Used/untested injectors are a super quick way to blow a motor.

    Sean


  6. #26
    this is the information on one of the injector pages i am looking at, says comes with a 2year warrantee:

    Product Info:
    This is a set of 4 Kawasaki Bosch 281055uInjectors that will fit 2003-2007 STX 12F 2004-2016+ STX 15F
    The Standard:
    Here at New England Injectors we only use OEM injectors. These injectors will act brand new at a more cost effective price versus buying them new. These injectors may have some cosmetic flaws such as discoloration and small scrapes on the body but it does not affect the function of the injector.
    The Process:
    All injectors have been ultrasonically cleaned, spray pattern/flow tested, and pressure tested to ensure no leaks. They are then rebuilt with new Viton O-rings, micro filters and pintle caps. All injector sets are matched within 2% and flow at the stock flow rate unless otherwise noted.
    The NEI Difference:
    Here at New England Injectors we pride ourselves in our top notch customer service. Our priority is to ensure that our customers are happy. We answer your questions and assist you 7 days a week, our general response time is under 30 minutes. All injectors are tested to order! Please feel free to ask questions as needed and please check out our other listings. We strive for 5 star/100% feedback so if you are not fully satisfied please contact us first.
    The Warranty:
    Injectors come with a 2 year warranty against all defects! We however are not responsible for misuse or improper installation of injectors. We recommend professional installation.



    I am also willing to buy your cores for 40$ to help offset some of the cost, please PM me for details!

    Anyone near my place will gouge me as i live in a tourist town.....

  7. #27
    My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    4,887
    +1
    365
    Quote Originally Posted by Decompression View Post
    this is the information on one of the injector pages i am looking at, says comes with a 2year warrantee:

    Product Info:
    This is a set of 4 Kawasaki Bosch 281055uInjectors that will fit 2003-2007 STX 12F 2004-2016+ STX 15F
    The Standard:
    Here at New England Injectors we only use OEM injectors. These injectors will act brand new at a more cost effective price versus buying them new. These injectors may have some cosmetic flaws such as discoloration and small scrapes on the body but it does not affect the function of the injector.
    The Process:
    All injectors have been ultrasonically cleaned, spray pattern/flow tested, and pressure tested to ensure no leaks. They are then rebuilt with new Viton O-rings, micro filters and pintle caps. All injector sets are matched within 2% and flow at the stock flow rate unless otherwise noted.
    The NEI Difference:
    Here at New England Injectors we pride ourselves in our top notch customer service. Our priority is to ensure that our customers are happy. We answer your questions and assist you 7 days a week, our general response time is under 30 minutes. All injectors are tested to order! Please feel free to ask questions as needed and please check out our other listings. We strive for 5 star/100% feedback so if you are not fully satisfied please contact us first.
    The Warranty:
    Injectors come with a 2 year warranty against all defects! We however are not responsible for misuse or improper installation of injectors. We recommend professional installation.



    I am also willing to buy your cores for 40$ to help offset some of the cost, please PM me for details!

    Anyone near my place will gouge me as i live in a tourist town.....
    Sounds reasonable to me

    Sean

  8. #28
    @Smokeysevin I'm Going to assume bad gas/water intrusion. Its going to be a few days before i can get the rebuilt injectors but for giggles I pulled the rail and removed the injectors in prep for the new ones and just as an inspection. (fuel was incredibly yellow my guess was lots of varnish) The heads?/tips of the injectors are rusted and covered with what looks like a brown sludge/plastic. Some worse than others, 3 is the only one that looked fairly clean and the only one that seemed wet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	injectors.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	43.3 KB 
ID:	458861  
    Last edited by Decompression; 03-08-2020 at 07:30 PM.

  9. #29
    steve45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    7,232
    +1
    711
    I'd pull the glovebox, then pull the fuel pump and take a look inside the fuel tank. You probably need to replace the sock on the fuel pump, minimum. You may need to replace the high pressure fuel filter, as well.

  10. #30
    Edit 2005, STX12F. Found the registration and original order in paperwork. Last things done to it - Wearing housing, jet pump bearing, drive shaft, impeller, drive line, shaft, steering cable, reverse cable, pipe assymbly, R&R pipe assy. not sure about the R&R assy. just what it says on WO.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Trouble shooting and how to...
    By hansengreg in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-14-2019, 07:02 PM
  2. Trouble shooting
    By 01xp in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-15-2016, 07:04 AM
  3. Trouble shooting
    By ethosdrummer in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-27-2015, 05:54 PM
  4. trouble shooting ? help
    By sourpower RXT in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-21-2010, 09:39 PM
  5. Need help trouble shooting
    By hensleybk in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-11-2010, 04:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •