+1

Yamaha FX Series Riders Sweep Classes at Mark Hahn Memorial 300

Attrition is the name of the game when it comes to PWC racing, and that is nowhere more evident than at the annual Mark Hahn Memorial Havasu 300. This past weekend marked the 16th annual endurance event and the lineup was a venerable who’s who of fresh-faced and weathered veteran racers.

More at WatercraftJournal.Com
    Last edited by Rustymuscle; 02-27-2020 at 02:25 AM.

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    And not one mention of Kawasaki 310 takes overall win at MH300?
    In fact, Kawasaki's took 3 out of 7 first place finishes by class. Yamaha also 3, Sea Doo 1.
    Have a nice day and Let the Good Times Roll.
    Last edited by rlovebk; 02-28-2020 at 12:47 PM.

+1
    Why would they include Kawasaki Ultra's?

They dont advertise enough on their site!

It seems as if reviews are coming from other countries....how can you review it if you dont actually ride the unit?

I call B/S on that kind of reviews.

Just saying!

+1
    Are you knuckleheads serious? REALLY?

#1. This is a press release for YAMAHA, not a race report. We chose not to cover the Hahn this year. This is ALL you're gonna hear about the race from us this year.
    #2. Um, the Ultras haven't changed since 2014. So what if I have one of our Australian writers do the review. It's their summer, and we're the biggest PWC magazine in THE WORLD. And second, you know full well that I ride every damn unit that crosses US borders.
    Last edited by Rustymuscle; 03-02-2020 at 02:41 PM.

5. +1 by:

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    Why the #1 BIGGEST PWC magazine IN THE WORLD(!!) did not cover the MH300 is a bit surprising. Also that essentially a 13 year old hull with a 6 year old motor beats a brand new open class Waverunner is quite the story.
    (BTW there were Aussies there riding Kawis as well)
    Have a good day.
    Last edited by rlovebk; 03-02-2020 at 04:33 PM.

7. +1 by:

+1
    It's really no surprise. NOBODY READS RACE COVERAGE.

It's costs quite a bit of money to cover the Mark Hahn 300, and frankly, when only 500 people read the story it's simply not worth the price... especially when a review of a life vest (or some other useful item) fetches 10x's the readership.

Consider this example: In 2017, I spent close to $1,800 to attend and cover the IJSBA World Finals. The week I came home, I very quickly wrote up a review for the (then-new) SureCan gas can.

Both stories were published one after then other. The World Finals coverage fetched close to 1,800 readers... not bad. The gas can story? Over 7,000 views.

But it's not just WCJ seeing this. Video content developers favor reviews over race coverage. Race-centered outlets struggle to maintain readership and advertiser support (ProRider has a just under 2,500 subscribers). Event promoters struggle to cover costs with diminishing attendance.

Last year's IJSBA World Finals had less than 3,500 attendees. That includes racers, families and spectators.

When OE's, manufacturers and promoters ask my opinion about racing, I simply pass along these analytics. Racing is dead, man.

Kawasaki winning the Hahn? Pfft. That was ALL Pastorello. He's got that team, his machine and his pit/refuel system dialed-in 100%. They're like a Le Mans team.

And those Yamahas that grenaded out on the water? How many of them were slapped together a day or two (or even the night) before the race? The answer is a lot.

Listen, I get it. You bleed green and MH300 was a big win for Kawasaki... But winning a race that costs $20,000 (at minimum) to participate in isn't going to keep Kawasaki's PWC division afloat. I just came back from Kawi and they are a mess. It's bad, man. I mean that sincerely.

Thread Information