Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Destin Florida

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by famous12345 View Post
    All great questions. I bought a new one and pulled the spare off of my single trailer so I am good to go. I cant wait to get on the water. Bill D, I will be calling you tomorrow. Thanks for all the input. I did end up getting a GTX Limited and a Fish Pro.
    Anytime, just give me a shout if there’s anything I can help with. Congrats on the new skis, both of those are very nice choices. If I don’t catch your call right away I might be with a customer, leave me a message/text me. I will give you a shout back.

Billy D

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    ... pulled the spare off of my single trailer ...
    Check that the DOT date code on that spare is also significantly less than seven years old.

Unused spare tires age the fastest.

Made it out yesterday. Thanks for all the input. We had a blast. We are going to head out again tomorrow. The new seadoos are amazing. Becoming a huge seadoo fan.

+1
    Made it out yesterday. ... We are going to head out again tomorrow...
    We were on the water Friday and Sunday. People and boat traffic everywhere today (Sunday) along Santa Rosa Sound, every island had people and boats/kayak/whatever.

Today we looped from Pensacola Beach near the Bob Sikes bridge as far east as Pirate Cove (within the eastern portion of Elgin AFB on Santa Rosa Island. And back. About 60 miles round trip. Stopped at several ‘uninhabited’ beach areas.

I tend to be busy weekdays until mid-afternoon. If you want to connect with us on the water, send me a private message on here.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	133F33B5-1134-446F-A35B-73CFEBFD347B.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	141.9 KB 
ID:	459139   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C259C7E1-EC07-45C8-8006-3DAC910877D8.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	144.2 KB 
ID:	459140  

5. +1 by:

+1
    Got to love the cheese burgers and bushwackers at pirates cove.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mittens View Post
    ... at pirates cove.
    I was referring to a small bay adjacent to the sound.

Crowded restaurants and bars are not places people should be going, given the current situation. Difficult for many, no doubt.

We want to hit Crab Island before we leave maybe even head there tomorrow. Will any other boats be there? Also will the inflatable course be set up as the kids would love it? We put in at Cessna Landing on Saturday and want to put in further down so we could adventure further down. Whats a cool beach front restaurant we could boat up to while in that area or over around Fort Walton Beach?

Is Legion Boat ramp a good ramp to put in at? Does it have a hose connection to flush? If not what about Joes Bayou Boat Ramp? Do they have a hose hookup? Open for suggestions. Thanks again and in advance.

+1
    ... We put in at Cessna Landing on Saturday and want to put in further down so we could adventure further down.

Whats a cool beach front restaurant we could boat up to while in that area or over around Fort Walton Beach?

I did not realize how far east you were launching from.

Fort Walton Island dining on/near the water I can recommend Dock on the Island restaurant. Open air causal but the food is fairly good.
    There is a sandy beach area where you can beach your watercraft or use anchor in the shallow water.
    IIRC there are also some drive on PWC docks there but I have never used them
    https://islandtimefl.com/dine/

I do NOT recommend The Gulf restaurant, which is just a little west of Dock on the Island.
    www.thegulf.com
    The Gulf looks nice from the water and seems nice as you walk up the lawn but the food is quite unimpressive. Maybe just for drinks and sitting watching the boats go by it is ok.
    We took a friend there a couple of weeks ago for a late lunch and found it quite disappointing.
    There is a very narrow beach, widest at the west end.

Marine wind forecast (as of right now) for Monday at Destin says stiff wind until about 10, then from 10-11 until 1-2 is gentle south winds. After that wind strength rises through the afternoon.

I have used the launch ramp at Ross Marler Park, but that may be a tad too far west for you.
    1275 Santa Rosa Blvd
    Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548
    United States

+1
    You can beach inside destin harbor at Boshamps... awesome food.

11. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mittens View Post
    You can beach inside destin harbor at Boshamps... awesome food.

We love that place as well. Great way to grab lunch and beach for skis knowing they will be fine!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information