Thread: YES renewal

YES renewal

My 15 fzs YES is about to run out. Can I renew it for another few years? Just wondering if anyone else has tried

+1
    no

+1
    I was shocked a couple of weeks ago when Kawasaki sent me an offer to renew my extended warranty on my 2015 Ultra 310X. This will give a total of SEVEN years of warranty coverage. I'm buying it!

4. +1 by:

+1
    There might be a third party warranty company you could buy more warranty for your ski. But I only recommend the OEM factory warranty. I have heard horror storys from folks who purchased third party warrantys on cars.

6. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    I was shocked a couple of weeks ago when Kawasaki sent me an offer to renew my extended warranty on my 2015 Ultra 310X. This will give a total of SEVEN years of warranty coverage. I'm buying it!
    That is what is great!!!! Iím looking for the same!

Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    There might be a third party warranty company you could buy more warranty for your ski. But I only recommend the OEM factory warranty. I have heard horror storys from folks who purchased third party warrantys on cars.
    Yea I did have a aftermarket on a seadoo and it was good but that was in 95

I've got a 2 year YES warranty that began in July 2019 on a 2012 fx sho. I bought the ski used from the dealer last year, and they offered it then, but said if it was a year older they couldn't offer it.

This may be a special exception for a used purchase from the dealer, but I would ask the dealer since it is not out of the question to get a YES warranty on an older Yamaha.

Definitely worth it from my perspective.

10. +1 by:

Back when I had my 2010 FX SHO I purchased the longest YES warranty possible I believe 4 year extension to the original one year warranty (total of five.) I want to say that towards the end of my warranty period they offered me the opportunity to extend it for an additional 1 up to 2 years. The cost was much higher than the original warranty. With that said, I think it is probably worth it considering the expensive issues that could arise clutch, head cracks, ride system etc. possibly a good option for someone that likes their ski and would like to keep it a little longer without fear of expensive repairs.

12. +1 by:

Just a basic YES question. First year of factory warranty covers everything, additional YES warranty only covers mechanical right? Any issues with electronics, hull, paint, hardware etc. isn't covered? Basically an extended powertrain warranty. In speaking with my dealer the subject of what is covered never really came up. They just said 5 years warranty. Later when I referred to the YES coverage agreement it seemed to be only powertrain was covered.

I don't have any inside knowledge, but I deal with a lot of warranty issues as a lawyer (but this is not legal advice), and my basic interpretation of the YES Warranty is that it is essentially powertrain only.

The YES warranty only covers only "mechanical breakdowns." It's not totally clear, but I would say electronics such as gauges and engine-related electronics would be covered unless failure is caused by corrosion. Accessory electronics are not covered.

Wear items are excluded, such as impeller, wear ring, intake grate, mats, bumpers, body seals and gaskets, anodes, and control cables.

Appearance related damage is excluded, such as scratches, fading, stress cracks, and seat damage.

Hull and Deck repairs are excluded. For Yamaha boats (but I don't think waverunners), there is a separate Hull and Deck/Structural Limited Warranty. The Hull and Deck/Structural Limited Warranty is provided when new, lasts for five years, and is non-renewable.

I've attached the relevant pages of the YES contract, but I'm sure you've already got it.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails YES Warranty(1).pdf   YES Warranty(2).pdf  

15. +1 by:

Thread Information