+1

Waterless Coolant

Has anyone switched over to waterless coolant in the engine yet? What has been your experience if you have switched. I know it is expensive, around $40.00-$50.00 a gallon.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cjk6119 View Post
    Has anyone switched over to waterless coolant in the engine yet? What has been your experience if you have switched. I know it is expensive, around $40.00-$50.00 a gallon.

Why??

$9 and you get 2 gallons of walmart supertech antifreeeze with -37 celsius protection at 50/50 mix, 5 years life.... Just replace as required... I simply replace it every 2 years..

+1
    Many people who have hot rods or old very valuable cars use it because the boiling point of this waterless coolant is 300f, will not boil over,will not pressurize the coolant system, provides better heat transfer on high performance engines,will last 20 years.

When you mix water with antifreeze you induce free oxygen into the system and minerals from the water you are mixing
    Last edited by cjk6119; 02-23-2020 at 03:20 PM. Reason: grammer

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cjk6119 View Post
    Many people who have hot rods or old very valuable cars use it because the boiling point of this waterless coolant is 300f, will not boil over,will not pressurize the coolant system, provides better heat transfer on high performance engines,will last 20 years.

When you mix water with antifreeze you induce free oxygen into the system and minerals from the water you are mixing

Open loop for racing PWCs... Your looking for a cooler running block?

+1
    I run the Evans waterless coolant in my turbo snowmobile. I would say it works as advertised does not boil and build pressure. The only downfall I see with it is that it lets the engine run warmer then regular coolant with water mixed in.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    learn something every day I guess....I guess if I had a water cooled natural gas/diesel generator that wasn't run much I could see myself installing that coolant

for folks with lots of disposable income

+1
    Actually, it does not provide better heat transfer than water and coolant. Only if the water/coolant is boiling would it then provide better heat transfer.
    Why do you think Evan waterless run hotter than just plain old coolant, it has a poorer heat co-efficant than it. If it was better it would run the same as water and coolant at the temp the thermostat regulates.

Only upside is no corrosion in the cooling system, but that only ever comes into play on car poorly maintained (coolant not changed when it should be)

So it is good for old classics, that sit a lot but for everyday use in a good cooling systen, your best bet is water/coolant.

Tiderider, you are going to have to change your avatar. I'm so distracted by it, I totally miss what you are saying.

Thread Information