Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2006 rxt 215 reliable performance upgrade?

Recommend performance upgrades with reliability and budget in mind?

Running with a new (second “new”) SBT engine now at 28 hours with original engine saved for what looks like a simple piston/ bearing repair. The supercharger has 90 hours since I rebuilt. All ski components are completely stock and maintained.

Target- dramatically improved acceleration, best case reliability to reach that and still at least run 65+
    Budget- 1-2k

I plan to overhaul the supercharger but only due to threads on recommended timing ( have been checking slip which remains in check.)

Considering an x-charger/ injectors/ prop but want highest reliability from a Seadoo. (Torn on ET 127)

What’s a good proven but reliable mix with budget in mind?

+1
    X-charger, injectors, prop and external intercooler are your best bang for the buck. (X charger saves you the cost of the rebuild)
    Are you planing on doing this to the SBT or the original engine?
    Now question is, what valves are in it, the ones that fail or the superceeded ones?

+1
    Save the money and get ready to replace the sbt..

Planning to leave this engine in for upgrades mentioned. Ran great last year...?

My original engine failure had valve serial numbers matching those I found in posts. Not sure about my “new engine”, and didn’t consider they would use those.... guess I’ll reply to that question over the weekend after I check now that you bring that up.
    Last edited by Bondski; 02-29-2020 at 10:59 PM.

+1
    I would not mod an SBT engine. you're rolling the dice with running it stock.

6. +1 by:

hmm
    Last edited by Bondski; 02-29-2020 at 11:00 PM.

+1
    I know a guy that went thru 3 sbt engines.. it's a gamble but you can keep popping them and warranty them just remove the mods you plan to put on this motor and put it on the next one. x charger 42 pound injectors, toss an air intake and an impeller while you're at it, external intercooler is nice but unless you are riding the hell out of it you probably won't notice much difference. Opas delete is always on my list too

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by connorrxp View Post
    I know a guy that went thru 3 sbt engines.. it's a gamble but you can keep popping them and warranty them just remove the mods you plan to put on this motor and put it on the next one. x charger 42 pound injectors, toss an air intake and an impeller while you're at it, external intercooler is nice but unless you are riding the hell out of it you probably won't notice much difference. Opas delete is always on my list too
    That is exactly how I set my 05 up and it ran in the high 60's in the summer and low 70's in the winter in Fl. with awesome acceleration. Did put a skat 3 blade 13-18 on it. Wouldn't mod a SBT motor though.

10. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bondski View Post
    Recommend performance upgrades with reliability and budget in mind?

Running with a new (second “new”) SBT engine now at 28 hours with original engine saved for what looks like a simple piston/ bearing repair. The supercharger has 90 hours since I rebuilt. All ski components are completely stock and maintained.

Target- dramatically improved acceleration, best case reliability to reach that and still at least run 65+
    Budget- 1-2k

I plan to overhaul the supercharger but only due to threads on recommended timing ( have been checking slip which remains in check.)

Considering an x-charger/ injectors/ prop but want highest reliability from a Seadoo. (Torn on ET 127)

What’s a good proven but reliable mix with budget in mind?
    filling in the bolt holes in the ride plate and a pump wedge is good fore a few mph on top end

+1
    Take the stock block and build it right t Cam, tune, and and 137 wheel with supporting mods will be reliable an quick.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information