Best way to repair spark plug wire ends?

I made the mistake of sniping off the end of my plug wires ends on my 2002 Polaris Virage 700 thinking they might be the reason I wasn't getting spark. I then read that both plugs needed to be hooked up an grounded to get spark. I have the ends put on well enough that I now have spark but would feel better if it was a better job. My Kawasakis have screw on ends...would it be ok to use ends like that or is there a better way? How hard is it to replace the whole wire and can it be any type of plug wire? I think I have learned a costly lesson 

+1
    Can not use the "screw on" RESISTER style plug boots on the resister style plug wires used on 2002 Polaris watercraft.

Those newer style plug wires are similar to automotive plug wires in design, but the end that snaps into the coil is different.
    I have seen plug wires for as little as $20 on e-bay, they are sold by length (last 2 digits of part #)

The spark plug end of the wire is crimped onto the wire. Strip back the rubber/fiber insulation to expose the dark core. Expose about a half inch of the core so it can be folded over the insulation-slide the terminal over the core-recrimp the terminal.

MAny companies sell auto plug wires that need to be tailored. That is the exact/acceptable procedure to assemble plug wires.

That is the way I put them back together but the cores on the Polaris wires are not the solid black type. Mine were a fiberglass "like" core with a very fine wire wrapped around it. When I bent the core back and crimped an end on the wire the thin wire was just a little questionable. Would I be able to use the automotive type wires with the solid black cores?

+1
    I'm pretty sure Polaris was using a standard waterproof plug boot. TB05EMA

https://www.denniskirk.com/ngk/tb05e....prd/20373.sku

+1
    The core will not really be "solid". More graphite like rope.
    A thin wire wrapped around the core would probably be to suppress magnetic field/radio noise, not important.

Having a good connection/contact of the core to the terminal is what really matters.

Again, automotive wires will have a different coil end. Maybe some A European car might have a coil connection to match. I have never seen a car plug wire with the Polaris style coil connecter in my 30years experience.

Thanks for the replies. I will see about finding an automotive wire with the correct ends. If I can't I will just live with what I have. When I say solid I am just referring to the fact that the core was not a strand type of material. I will try and get some pictures.

Thread Information