Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    +1

Problem with Yamaha SVHO 2017

I only have two modifications on my SVHO:

https://www.4-tecperformance.com/ind...roducts_id=904

https://www.4-tecperformance.com/ind...oducts_id=3646

Since I removed the original Yamaha intake manifold, the bike heats up when I hit it hard, going into emergency mode.
    I have changed all the engine and exhaust sensors and the thermostat for Yamaha oem sensors in case any of them are defective but nothing is still the same for the jetski, so I have come to the conclusion that the intake manifold prevents more heat than it should be coming in, avoiding the temperature alarm to go off and making it go into limp mode.
    Do you see a possibility to reinstall my own intake manifold or should I buy a new one?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PARALLAMAS 1.jpg 
Views:	371 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	458253   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PARALLAMAS 2.jpg 
Views:	363 
Size:	18.1 KB 
ID:	458254  

+1
    Did you check the strainer located in the pump housing to see if it is clogged? Also check your water supply line from the pump strainer to the engine to see if it maybe blocked.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    I would be suspecting either there is damage or some other (connector?) problem with the wiring that was moved/disconnected in the area around the intake manifold.

OR the timing of the (over)heating problem is coincidental to the air intake changes you did, and the actual problem cause is elsewhere.

Give us some background.
    How warm is the water you are riding in?
    Engine ECU tune or stock?
    How many running hours before the IMUK change?
    How much run time since the air intake changes?

Have you inspected the cooling water feed? All the way from the jet pump strainer (inside the left side of pump body, just forward of the main nozzle), then inside the hull there is a X fitting, then separate hoses run forward to the engine/exhaust and oil cooler, and another hose to the intercooler.

Do you have access to a diagnostic tool that can read the stored trouble codes?

+1
    I wouldn‘t recommend an IMUK without a proper ECU reflash. Check out this thread: http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...266201&page=2&

+1
    Surprised if those “mods” would cause an issue.... what is the error code? How many hours? Does water flow freely from all pissers? Is thermostat working correctly? What rpm and speeds are you seeing in what air and water temps? Ride fresh or salt water? Sea level or altitude? Any pump issues? Wear ring clearance all ok? Ski runs ok on hose?

+1
    I update information:
    - engine hours : 57 hours
    - Engine oil : XPS de sea doo
    - Mods: Riva air filter and Riva intake manifold
    -Ecu : stock
    - OEM thermostat,working properly
    - always sails in the sea
    - All the cooling hoses were checked and blown with a compressor ... the water cores (the three pissers pour very strong water both sweetening the pwc and in the sea)
    The error code that appears is 01, when it happens to me in the middle of the sea, I disconnect the battery, I have a nautical battery disconnector installed and the pwc works correctly again.
    Do you recommend me to do a custom cartography with Dean's Team? What rpm cut-off do you recommend me to tune in so I don't have to add more options?
    Or do I reinstall the OEM intake manifold ribbon?

+1
    Have Dean do a Stage 1 that way you don`t need anymore mods.

Update 2/18/2020 I have been thinking, hold off on the tune for now till the alarm issue has been addressed for you.
    Last edited by cjk6119; 02-18-2020 at 09:18 AM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Impulses View Post
    The error code that appears is 01, when it happens to me in the middle of the sea, I disconnect the battery, I have a nautical battery disconnector installed and the pwc works correctly again.

I have come to the conclusion that the intake manifold prevents more heat than it should be coming in, avoiding the temperature alarm to go off and making it go into limp mode.

- always sails in the sea
    - All the cooling hoses were checked and blown with a compressor ... the water cores (the three pissers pour very strong water both sweetening the pwc and in the sea)

I hope it always sails for you. LOL LOL

In the repair manual CODE 01 Is all is normal... if you had a Code 15 that would be Engine Temp.... Code 65 Exhaust temp.

Your problem it is not heat related, there were no codes relating to overheating that you have given me. I think we need to look in other areas for the problem. Loose connections, Grounded wire, Faulty gauge cluster, to name a few.

Please answer these question for others to help.
    1 Are you sure it was a temp alarm and not a low fuel alarm? The low fuel alarm goes off when around 18 or 23 liters of fuel are in the tank.
    2 Why do you think it is a temperature alarm?
    3 What was the indication of this temperature alarm?

This is about as far as I can go on helping you. Hang in there..... there are many more people here who can help you on this.
    Take Care
    CJ
    Last edited by cjk6119; 02-18-2020 at 03:43 PM.

9. +1 by:

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Impulses View Post
    ... I have a nautical battery disconnector installed ...
    Make sure the battery disconnect switch is NOT causing problems.

When riding hard in rough water it is important that the switch itself and the extra cable connections are very solid contact.

If the battery switch internally or the wire connections to the switch are affected by wave impact or engine vibration the electrical supply to the ECU and other electronics might be unstable. This could cause weird problems.

I suggest disconnecting the battery switch and making the battery connections same as factory original. See if the problem goes away.

11. +1 by:

+1
    First, to "Impulses", the flash-arrestor does not influence engine temps of cause alarms / limp mode.
    The over-heating (if that is what is going on) is caused elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by cjk6119 View Post
    . . . .

In the repair manual CODE 01 Is all is normal... if you had a Code 15 that would be Engine Temp.... Code 65 Exhaust temp.

. . . .
    Agreed. 01 is the "normal" code.
    While low-fuel alarms causes the alarm light & buzzer to activate, however low-fuel does not cause limp-mode operation (reduced throttle/rpms capability) which the OP mentions limp-mode in the 1st post. So, we have to assume the operator is not retrieving the code before it resets, or we have a combo of temp and low-fuel situation confusing the issue, or ???? etc ....

I hate assumptions.... therefore the BEST course of action is for the operator to read the ECM/ECU event log history via YDS.

13. +1 by:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information