Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fuel pump

+1

fuel pump

at what point do you need to upgrade your fuel pump ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rtarford View Post
    at what point do you need to upgrade your fuel pump ?

To many variables to list.. If the tank is kept full all the time it will last many years due to it being lubricated and cooled properly by the fuel.. Clean filters also another variable.. Age as well, i replaced a fuel pump on a car at 160K miles so they do last a long time.. i would say anything older then 5 or 6 years old, replace it with a better aftermarket.. Usually people wait for symptoms but that can sometimes become present after your engine fails... I installed an AEM340 LPH unit and it is quite the thing. Fuel pressure stays nice and steady on the gauge, plenty of pressure being supplied.. If your going to modify the engine go with a larger capacity fuel pump or if stock, go with a high quality unit.

+1
    I run a stage 3+ w/15 psi charger and never had an issue running the stock fuel pump. Some like to upgrade but its not always necessary.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ncdoo View Post
    I run a stage 3+ w/15 psi charger and never had an issue running the stock fuel pump. Some like to upgrade but its not always necessary.
    i just installed the xxx2 charger vt1100 inj. fizzel ic with hard pipes, 4'' air, imuk, rrfpr, springs & retainers, flywheel bolts, vteck tune,dash pac with o2 sensor, l am supposed to see 18 lbs of boost and i am not shore what else i should do, this is a 13 RXTX AS

+1
    i just installed the xxx2 charger vt1100 inj. fizzel ic with hard pipes, 4'' air, imuk, rrfpr, springs & retainers, flywheel bolts, vteck tune,dash pac with o2 sensor, l am supposed to see 18 lbs of boost and i am not shore what else i should do, this is a 13 RXTX AS

7 years old... I would upgrade it to a 340LPH unit and add an inline fuel filter. I installed an Aeromotive 12345 fuel filter with a 10 Micron filter. Doesn't take much to damage an engine should it run lean, unexpected..

6. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tiderider View Post
    7 years old... I would upgrade it to a 340LPH unit and add an inline fuel filter. I installed an Aeromotive 12345 fuel filter with a 10 Micron filter. Doesn't take much to damage an engine should it run lean, unexpected..
    i just put the riva one in my 05 RXT, not shore how many LPH it is rated fore, it took some extra wiring, I was hoping fore a better than stock, direct replacement

+1
    i just put the riva one in my 05 RXT, not shore how many LPH it is rated fore, it took some extra wiring, I was hoping fore a better than stock, direct replacement

Should be fine if a relay was required. Its most likely a 320-340LPH unit. I would inspect the in tank filters, replace them and add an inline fuel filter as noted. At least fueling will be mint..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tiderider View Post
    I installed an Aeromotive 12345 fuel filter with a 10 Micron filter. Doesn't take much to damage an engine should it run lean, unexpected..
    I installed a inline fuel filter on my ski, it now has over 182 hours Level 6
    Tune by Dean`s Racing 19 psi wheel. I have not had one problem with my injectors or any
    poor engine performance with my ski at all. A lot of problems come from dirty gas cans used to fill up people`s skis. The fueling the ski by a gas can comes injector problems and lean conditions. Inline fuel filter is good insurance that it may not happen if changed out each year.

CJ
    Last edited by cjk6119; 02-20-2020 at 08:38 AM.

10. +1 by:

+1
    With your mods, the upgraded fuel pump is a must. Not sure why you're asking when you've already upgraded. And yes the HV RIVA pump is a 340LPH pump. The extre fuel filter is overkill IMO. I believe the OEM filters are sufficient. I wouldn't necessarily take advice from some who's always asking for advise...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cjk6119 View Post
    I installed a inline fuel filter on my ski, it now has over 182 hours Level 6
    Tune by Dean`a Racing 19 psi wheel. I have not had one problem with my injectors or any
    poor engine performance with my ski at all. A lot of problems come from dirty gas cans used to fill up people`s skis. The fueling the ski by a gas can comes injector problems and lean conditions. Inline fuel filter is good insurance that it may not happen if changed out each year.

CJ

The inline fuel filters work quite well.. When I pulled my fuel pump, the filters were quite bad and not many hours on it. You can't trust fuel retailers anymore, especially people filling their rides with gas cans... The aeromotive 12345 has a 10 micron, micro glass filter that works well with any fuel type. I think its available in the green hulk store. I got mine from summit, least pain from your pocket was ebay or summit..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information