Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: fuel pump

+1
    People run the 24psi charger on stock fuel pump. The fuel pump requirement has been shifting over the years

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ncdoo View Post
    The extre fuel filter is overkill IMO. I believe the OEM filters are sufficient. I wouldn't necessarily take advice from some who's always asking for advise...

For all the people who are asking questions or for asking advice here on this forum, nothing wrong with taking advice from people who ask educated questions. Remember what you said in your fallacious post you recently have made.....
    Quote From Mr. NCDOO
    " The extra fuel filter is overkill IMO "

In your own words your statement is based on opinion only, not from any of your own experience or education you may have. Like I told you before MR. NCDOO, stick with your sailboat only. In the future, don`t be so critical of people in the world and be more open minded with them and their ideas.
    There is so much you can learn in this world and you are still so young.

It does not take some Rocket Scientist to see it is needed. Is this your best pseudoscience at work, figuring out a fuel filter is needed in the fuel system system that continually getting clogged or might be in the future? A fuel filter that further filters down to 10 microns is a good idea and it is reasons why.

Nothing is more overkill then Mr NCDOO pre soaking his supercharger clutch in bath of oil for 24 hours before he install it onto his ski. Thats is MR NCDOO the true definition of overkill. lol lol lol

Happy sailing there MR. NCDOO
    and Take Care
    CJ

BTW. It was good seeing sailing by the other day on the water.

Last edited by cjk6119; 02-20-2020 at 10:32 PM.

3. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ptscon View Post
    People run the 24psi charger on stock fuel pump. The fuel pump requirement has been shifting over the years

Maybe so. Honestly when I upgraded to the 340LPH fuel pump (AEM340) the fuel pressure gauge readings no longer vary + - up to 3-4 Psi. It holds very steady and strong.

Thanks for your advice in the past while building my back up engine, its looking great. .0040 piston wall clearance, .022 and .026 for piston rings.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ncdoo View Post
    With your mods, the upgraded fuel pump is a must. Not sure why you're asking when you've already upgraded. And yes the HV RIVA pump is a 340LPH pump. The extre fuel filter is overkill IMO. I believe the OEM filters are sufficient. I wouldn't necessarily take advice from some who's always asking for advise...
    i put the riva pump in my 05 rxt when the original fuel pump failed last year, The ski i am working on now is my is my 13 RXTX AS and it still has stock pump witch was working just fine before this last round of upgrades . the other part of the question was is their a direct replacement pump that is better than stock ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information