Value Feeler for Rarish SeaDoo model

I'm guessing reading the rules I need to post this here.

I am the owner of a development SAR (Search and Rescue) model SeaDoo. It is based off a 2014 GTX155LTD and has a few differences from that model in its programming but the big thing off course are the pontoon sides and walk platforms. My unit is not equipped with the lights that a final retail version received. Production versions with the lights retailed 25K.

It has 150hrs on it and runs great (pontoons not aired up in photo). I run this on a tiny lake and while my boy was a toddler it worked well, but now just kinda seems overkill and people seem to think I'm a cop or something so you can see the panicked look they get at times. I think for big lake, ocean riding or fishing this could be a great set-up for someone, but I'm in Canada (Quebec) and I think this would likely get exported to someone who can really use the extra stability.

Let me know what you think I should list this for (US dollars) come spring and I'll be sure to post it here. Thx
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180601_093318.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	458181  

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    I'd go with the book value for that year ski plus $2000 USD given that it is a somewhat rare model which has limited distribution. You might do far better selling it to an actual search and rescue group in a coastal area, but that takes significant legwork, and a 7 year old ski is going to be hard sell under that circumstance. Thais is assuming of course that it has a transferable title seeing it was a development model

Now if you are in a tax position to donate said ski to a recognized search and rescue operation, you could likely write it off for the depreciated value, assuming you bought it new.

I'd send a feeler out to Customs and Border Patrol, Rio Grande Sector to see if they might be interested in it given the increased need for such craft on our border

Acting Chief Patrol Agent: Austin L. Skero.

Acting Deputy Chief Patrol Agent: Lloyd Easterling

Sector Headquarters Location: 4400 South Expressway 281, Edinburg, Texas

Contact Information: Phone Number: (956) 289-4800; Sector Headquarters Mailing Address - 4400 South Expressway 281, Edinburg, Texas 78542

It wouldn't hurt to contact BRP and ask if they can supply you with some contact info for Organizations that have purchased this model in your area.a

good luck! I hope she finds the proper home

3. +1 by:

Hey thanks for your opinion.

I had some of the same thoughts you did about trying to see with coastal Search and Rescue groups and I too wondered if it being used would be an issue. I know they typically keep recent and new models around.

I had also put what I thought was about a $2000 value on the extras it has.

I took at look at an site with several models for sale. While many seemed to be around the $8000 mark, seeing a nice GTX215 example at $6500 means the others have likely been sitting waiting for the right buyer.

All that being said I'd like to get $7500 for it, so we'll see what happens between now and this spring(still 2 feet of snow around here). Maybe I can get a distribution list of gov't services that could benefit. The machine is clear and mine so no issues with a transfer and meets all the regulations a normal PWC would.

Always open to others opinion on value.

Thread Information