Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Speed and Ride Style

Just curious - everyone posting the high 80-90mph skis with basic riva/GH mods and a MapX tune to support. Are these speeds sustainable/safe? Example : 86MPH ski, safe to hold WOT for miles on end? Or is this a quick burst and let off. I ride flats in NY, and like to keep on the throttle wide open as long as possible.

+1
    Safe for the drivetrain or safe for the rider?

Quote Originally Posted by moparguy View Post
    Safe for the drivetrain or safe for the rider?
    Drivetrain.

drive train is ok but i will push oil out of my catch on a 4-5 mile wide open run from crank case pressure. most of the time its not smooth enough to hold for that long but ive done it twice. but short runs up to a mile for a speed run it seems to be fine with no oil blowing out of the catch can.

Quote Originally Posted by yellow jacket View Post
    drive train is ok but i will push oil out of my catch on a 4-5 mile wide open run from crank case pressure. most of the time its not smooth enough to hold for that long but ive done it twice. but short runs up to a mile for a speed run it seems to be fine with no oil blowing out of the catch can.

Hmm alright - Debating jumping back into the the Yamaha world but after 3X motors on a 2019 Iím nervous. Just want something reliable at 85MPH

+1
    Generally yes, but you need to consult your tuner. First example that comes to mind for me was R&D's R3 vs R4 flash for the SHO engine. R3 was setup to run WOT all day. R4 was a more aggressive version of the R3 that gave you an extra couple hundred revs and mph, but it could only be held WOT for short sprints. Contact Dean, Jesus, etc. and tell them your goals. They'll steer you in the right direction.

i take it ur running a gp 1800 svho, a riva stage 2 with stock wheel at 8600 r's will put u there at 85-86 all day long no problem. i have a 16 fx svho running stage 3 9200 r's and a 17 lb wheel to get 87-88 mph i need to turn my ski a lot harder to get there than you would need to.

+1
    Toss a deans tune in it, solas, retainers, bov, air intake and let it eat. It's like anything if your spin it to the moon stuff will break but my general observation on my gp is that stock class mods keep the ski pretty reliable and I hit 84 mph at 8800 rpm. I beat the ski pretty hard racing and this set up has proven to be very reliable.

9. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by connorrxp View Post
    Toss a deans tune in it, solas, retainers, bov, air intake and let it eat. It's like anything if your spin it to the moon stuff will break but my general observation on my gp is that stock class mods keep the ski pretty reliable and I hit 84 mph at 8800 rpm. I beat the ski pretty hard racing and this set up has proven to be very reliable.

Ok - trying to get a consensus really - like i said, i went thru 3 motors but everyone else with the same mods seems to have no issues whatsoever, wasn't sure if it was caused by my riding WOT for extended periods or i had a lemon with a negated warranty due to tune.

+1
    Any ski held for wot for miles on miles isn't going to last. If that's your plan is to go wide open for Miles and miles leave it stock.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information