Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    +1
    Running mid 80s, takes alot more out of you physically than even mid 70s. If your body can withstand miles upon miles of it, all the power to you. Like others have said knocking on the limiter for prolonged periods never a good idea.

2. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by raiderx72 View Post
    I'm not saying it can't be done.. But when something goes wrong sometimes people don't understand just because you can doesn't mean it won't break. And then it's a shitty machine.. But in reality it was ran wide open for 2. 5miles bouncing off the limiter.. Which isn't good for the machine. That's all I'm saying.
    if ur bouncing of the limiter then u need to repitch your prop or raise ur limiter...sounds like you have something wrong...my limiter is set at 9500r's i run between 9100-9200r's depending on the day and time of year...i'm never on the limiter
    Last edited by yellow jacket; 02-13-2020 at 10:40 AM.

4. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by raiderx72 View Post
    My ski will do that sitting on the seat in 660ft if it takes a mile and superman your doing it wrong..
    yep ur running a gp not a fx big difference my buddy's gp 1800 will turn 91+ sitting on the seat he wont super man either. my best was a 89.6 but never backed it up as far as i can say there's only couple fx with a 17lb wheel that ever hit 89+ and any fx with a 17lb wheel in the 88 mph range is a solid ski even though u feel its not...and i did say up to a mile. not meaning exactly a mile if u want to get exact i would say 1/2 a mile maybe, sometimes more depending on how smooth the water is...in the statement i made i was talking about the ski not pushing oil out of the catch can on speed runs up to a mile i felt it was safe...r u with it now
    Last edited by yellow jacket; 02-13-2020 at 10:49 AM.

+1
    Sounds dangerous Supermaning on a ski, must be hard on the meat and two vegs. If you hit a wave doing the Superman that could put you in some real pain and land you in the hospital with a testicular torsion. I have been winded just sitting, and then losing my footing after hitting a unexpected wave from a wakeboard boat.
    Last edited by cjk6119; 02-13-2020 at 11:00 AM.

7. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by cjk6119 View Post
    Sounds dangerous Supermaning on a ski, must be hard on the meat and two vegs. If you hit a wave doing the Superman that could put you in some real pain and land you in the hospital with a testicular torsion. I have been winded just sitting, and then losing my footing after hitting a unexpected wave from a wakeboard boat.
    yea it can be...thats why we'll go the end of the lake or find a cove where there is nobody around no boats or jetskis. at these speed if u catch something u might go for a ride if your doing a superman. its not that often I do it, u need perfect water, glass with just a bit of wind ripple...I cough something once, it made me get up and out of it real quick.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by yellow jacket View Post
    yea it can be...thats why we'll go the end of the lake or find a cove where there is nobody around no boats or jetskis. at these speed if u catch something u might go for a ride if your doing a superman. its not that often I do it, u need perfect water, glass with just a bit of wind ripple...I cough something once, it made me get up and out of it real quick.
    And your ski is in the 80+ club ... if things go wrong ...it go wrong real fast at those speeds.

Are these guys Supermaning for higher speeds some how or just the thrill of it?
    Last edited by cjk6119; 02-13-2020 at 10:14 PM.

+1
    I don't run my boat wide open for to long same as a ski.

short bursts wide open to pass, test, race someone.. and then back down in the rpms...

Quote Originally Posted by mittens View Post
    I don't run my boat wide open for to long same as a ski.

short bursts wide open to pass, test, race someone.. and then back down in the rpms...
    that is the best for a modded ski short burst 1/2 mile or less I agree with that but at times i'll go for a long hard ride. like I said before I done a 3-4 mile run my ski twice and both times it pushed oil out my catch can. now my buddy's gp 1800 svho 91 mph ski doesnt push oil and he'll run the piss out of it long runs. beats me I guess some are more prone to do it than others my boat i'll hold it open longer 1-2 miles its a stock 496. yea the superman is a way to get a little more speed out of a ski not safe but...it is what it is and im old
    Last edited by yellow jacket; 02-13-2020 at 06:43 PM.

+1
    Superman? You mean nuts on seat legs out? Haha or just mean feet on ass end and bend over in "race position"?
    Last edited by mittens; 02-14-2020 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yellow jacket View Post
    i take it ur running a gp 1800 svho, a riva stage 2 with stock wheel at 8600 r's will put u there at 85-86 all day long no problem. i have a 16 fx svho running stage 3 9200 r's and a 17 lb wheel to get 87-88 mph i need to turn my ski a lot harder to get there than you would need to.
    On stock retainers and flywheel bolts?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information