Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    +1
    There's a big difference between running a couple miles WOT then cruising and running for "miles on end" or "as long as possible" at WOT without letting off once. I don't care what brand, any ski/engine pushed to reach 85 mph isn't going to take a beating like that for very long. Either your end goals need modified or your perception of how long a motor is going to last needs modified...

Quote Originally Posted by raiderteen View Post
    There's a big difference between running a couple miles WOT then cruising and running for "miles on end" or "as long as possible" at WOT without letting off once. I don't care what brand, any ski/engine pushed to reach 85 mph isn't going to take a beating like that for very long. Either your end goals need modified or your perception of how long a motor is going to last needs modified...
    a gp 1800 svho with a riva stage 2 kit running 8600r's at 86 mph will do it all day long miles on end...that is a mild build for a gp 1800 svho. now if ur going to a stage 3 kit and turn it 9200 r's with a 17 or 20 lb wheel that is a different story short runs of a mile or less for speed runs...

+1
    Speed runs shouldn't be a mile. Your going to break something. Holding a modded ski or bone stock ski wide open for Miles is just asking for problems.

Then the blame game will come, but someone fail to mention they had it wide open for Miles lol.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by yellow jacket View Post
    a gp 1800 svho with a riva stage 2 kit running 8600r's at 86 mph will do it all day long miles on end...that is a mild build for a gp 1800 svho. now if ur going to a stage 3 kit and turn it 9200 r's with a 17 or 20 lb wheel that is a different story short runs of a mile or less for speed runs...
    As I said, there is a huge difference between some short speed runs and WOT for "miles on end" and "as long as possible". Yeah these skis with the stage 2 kit are pretty solid. But what the OP is describing isn't the typical "all day long" riding style that most skis see...

+1
    What about the people that race out to Catalina Island and back? Those racers are wot for the most part. the offshore endurance race is 75 miles long.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cjk6119 View Post
    What about the people that race out to Catalina Island and back? Those racers are wot for the most part. the offshore endurance race is 75 miles long.
    There built for that.. And they break also

7. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by raiderx72 View Post
    Speed runs shouldn't be a mile. Your going to break something. Holding a modded ski or bone stock ski wide open for Miles is just asking for problems.

Then the blame game will come, but someone fail to mention they had it wide open for Miles lol.
    at 88 mph it doesent take that long to run a mile...by the time u super man it play with the trim a little lean this way then the other ducking below the bars and looking up every once in a while ur there...if a modded ski isnt ur cup of tea then stay away from them. but for me its the game i like.

+1
    My ski will do that sitting on the seat in 660ft if it takes a mile and superman your doing it wrong..

Quote Originally Posted by raiderx72 View Post

I do that all the time and no problems- wot 2.5 mile runs back to back (takes 2 minutes running 73) and i do 10 miles also back to back no problems at all

Im just limited by gas lol and my legs (boat wake)

+1
    I'm not saying it can't be done.. But when something goes wrong sometimes people don't understand just because you can doesn't mean it won't break. And then it's a shitty machine.. But in reality it was ran wide open for 2. 5miles bouncing off the limiter.. Which isn't good for the machine. That's all I'm saying.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information