Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: riva map tune x

riva map tune x

has anyone use the riva map tune x on a kaw ultra 310 with success...i was think about it.

i have the r&d r3 tune in the ski now and with glen gone i cant get it re flash anymore. so i was thinking about doing the riva map tune vs getting a new ecu and a gps over ride. the map tune would be cheaper but would it be worth doing on the ultra 310.

You cant datalog etc with the maptuner so IMO its basically buying the whole maptuner setup/license and all you get is a reflash

Quote Originally Posted by mwhc View Post
    You cant datalog etc with the maptuner so IMO its basically buying the whole map tuner setup/license and all you get is a reflash
    yes thats what i want to do is to reflash the r&d r3 tune never had real good luck with it. i was hoping to hear some good things about the riva tune on a ultra 310 before i buy the tune.not looking to make it a hot rod but to turn 8000 r's and ride the chop with it and be reliable. ive had real good luck with the riva tune on yamaha and seadoo i shouldn't have listen to glen and bought the riva map tune, but he talk some pretty good shit...and thats what i got, shit.

+1
    I was under the impression it has a data log function.? You do have to pay for the app but it will do it. Which is think is dumb. 1000 bucks and then spend more to data log..

but it will do it?

I was told by riva that you can only log seadoo and yamaha.....

yea there isn't much support for Kawasaki...Im hoping the maptune will work on the ultra and get the ecu straighten out r&d screwed it up and now he's gone left a lot of people hanging with his bull shit and hit and miss ecu service. its a lot cheaper to go the maptun route than buying a new ecu having it program to the ski and the another 200 for the k speed or riva gps over ride. about half the price or less we already have the tuner.

+1
    If the ecu is not locked, then Kspeed can just flash the standard program back into it and then flash in the Kspeed tune, and you wont need anything else to go with it

Quote Originally Posted by wa2fst View Post
    If the ecu is not locked, then Kspeed can just flash the standard program back into it and then flash in the Kspeed tune, and you wont need anything else to go with it
    how much is the k speed...this is basically what im doing with the map tune and i already have access to a tuner and dont haft to ship.

how about the K speed remap ecu vs riva maptunex any input out there...pros con ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information