Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroFish300 View Post
    I have seen some reports of XX chargers having vibration at 7xxx rpm after installation
    Many have said this is “normal “ I recently installed a XX wheel and this happen at mid also and I can’t stand it , it vibrates the entire ski, like if you had sucked up a bag or wood chip .

I’m assuming if you balance the xx wheel to the 300 charger you will not have issues ? Jerry is there anyway we can get these chargers bought balanced and ready to go ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DR2006RXP View Post
    Many have said this is “normal “ I recently installed a XX wheel and this happen at mid also and I can’t stand it , it vibrates the entire ski, like if you had sucked up a bag or wood chip .
    yikes that’s definitely no bueno. Has ET made any statement in regards to this issue

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by whatnissan View Post
    I’m assuming if you balance the xx wheel to the 300 charger you will not have issues ? Jerry is there anyway we can get these chargers bought balanced and ready to go ?

This seems to be a 300 issue, my 260 with ET135 conversion is smooth as butter.

Quote Originally Posted by ptscon View Post
    This seems to be a 300 issue, my 260 with ET135 conversion is smooth as butter.
    What speed and rpm you get and what your pump setup?

+1
    Originally Posted by ncdoo
    Maintenance free means no maintenance required in my book, unless its from Sea Doo... Or in this case, buy a new one when it breaks because we don't sell parts for it. I've seen and rebuilt X chargers that had balancing marks on the nut, never had a problem using a new nut and not having it balanced. I don't think a 300 charger spins any faster than a X charger?

you do not have to balance the older 185/215/255/260 superchargers. You absolutely must balance the 300’s, they spin 8% faster than the older superchargers

+1
    "PLEASE NOTE: if you choose to rebuild your supercharger the supercharger MUST be balanced after. I recommend either Glenn at Impros, or Art at Engine Tech to do this job.
    These superchargers spin at VERY high RPM compared to the older superchargers and MUST be balanced after rebuild."

Could either of the shops install the XX charger, balance, and rebuild?
    IMPROS just does the balancing. Art at Engine Tech can handle the rebuild and balancing.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetplane View Post
    I don't agree on that . Sorry to say but I don't think that brp make any dinamic balancing of their charger . The proof is that when you replace your stock wheel with an aftermaket one you don't balance anything . Aniway I alredy rebuilt some of 300 charger with individual parts sold by easyrider and I never balance them around . I never had a single problem . My charger with 135+4 wheel spin @ 9000 rpm rpm since 50 hours with no problem . I rebuilt some charger used in the races and also there's no problems on motors that spin at 9800 rpm with 145+3 wheels .

I think that is just a story from brp since they just want to sell and avoid warranty problems due to bad assembly on the single parts , in fact the only very important thing to take care is a very precise installations of the ceramic bearings that are quite fragile .
    if you look closely at the clutch end of the 300 supercharger you will see the supercharger has grind marks they use to balance it. You won’t see such marks on the 185/215/255/260 superchargers.

call it a story if you want, but the fact is they do not offer rebuild kits because the shaft/rotating assembly must be balanced due to the very high RPM these superchargers turn. Food for thought, Sea Doo would make far more money selling us 4-6 rebuild kits for these superchargers over the life of the ski, rather than an occasional replacement supercharger when they fail.

if you’ve gotten by without balancing then that’s great, you’ve been lucky this far. The odds are against you in that you will suffer a bearing failure due to a high speed imbalance.

9. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    What is the difference in supercharger shaft RPM (versus engine RPM) between the prior version superchargers and these 'new design' superchargers?
    Roughly 45,000 on older superchargers. 300 superchargers spin 8% faster

+1
    I have seen some reports of XX chargers having vibration at 7xxx rpm after installation
    this vibration people refer to is actually compressor surge. Balancing the wheel to the shaft doesn’t rectify this. Using a good BOV reduces the amount of compressor surge (flutter)

12. +1 by:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information