Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    +1

Recipe for a reliable 90 mph FZ

Hi guys,
    I own a 2016 FZR since spring 2016 which sits currently between stage 1 and 2 regarding the installed mods. Nowadays I reach 82 mph in optimal conditions but I would like to go a bit faster. I am aiming for the 90 mph mark but I would be pleased about reaching at least 88 mph. However I ride only in FL during spring and fall for a couple of weeks, so I do not want to spend a lot of time working on my skis in future. As I mentioned above the FZ is currently between stage 1 and 2 with following mods:

Riva Gen 3 power cooler with TiAL, Riva pro series svho engine cooling upgrade kit, maptuner x (stage 1 8500), Riva waterbox, Riva performance power filter kit, Riva engine breather kit, Riva top loader intake grate + seal kit, IMUK, throttle body reinforcement, Riva ride plate, Riva billet driveshaft sleeve kit, Riva sponsons, Lucky 13 cone (still playing with size rings), Solas 13/18 impeller, custom venturi nozzle (from the old FZ gen 09-13, nozzle is tilted 5 degrees instead 3 degrees and I am able to change the diameter by different rings)

What do I have to add to get near or past the 90 mph mark without losing much of the reliability of SC and engine? The water which I ride in is about 80 F warm during spring, the air is around 85, each temperature is about 5 degrees higher in fall.

+1
    Springs and retainers, injectors and SC wheel. I would go with a 19 or 20 psi wheel. You may need exhaust also. You will need to spin the ski to 9000 to 9200 rpm. The 13/18 may need to be tweaked closer to 13/20 also.

Robert

3. +1 by:

IMO with the mods you already have 90 to 92 mph is possible with the right tuner and OEM supercharger wheel.There are at least half a dozen tuners in from South to Central Florida that can get that ski in the 90's

+1
    I just bought a 2016 fZ as well to step up my game from my SHO.

looking for the same speeds wise but want to keep stock wheel.

84 and 8700 RPMs currently. Sent ECU back to dean to update tune for a FIZZLE. so hoping to spin it 200-300 more RPMs with the new intercooler and pick up a couple mph also will try Jim's cut plate vs deans and shims.

i would turn the ski 9100-9200 with 17 lb wheel/riva stage 3 tune. and supporting mods ur s.c clutch will live a little longer than with the 20 lb wheel and the 17lb wheel pulls a lot harder than the stock s/c wheel. i believe it will get you close to 90 with the fzr hull if not u'll b 88-89.

+1
    Are the retainers from Riva enough to withstand 9100-9200 rpm’s or do I have to buy the whole set which additionally includes springs and base washers? What about the stud kit and the Riva cylinder head gasket?

Quote Originally Posted by Xxlracer View Post
    Are the retainers from Riva enough to withstand 9100-9200 rpm’s or do I have to buy the whole set which additionally includes springs and base washers? What about the stud kit and the Riva cylinder head gasket?
    retainers are good to 9200r's that what im turning with just riva retainers...you dont need the stud kit and factory gasket is good with factory bolts.i wouldnt take the head off unless u haft to or already got it off.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by yellow jacket View Post
    retainers are good to 9200r's that what im turning with just riva retainers...you dont need the stud kit and factory gasket is good with factory bolts.i wouldnt take the head off unless u haft to or already got it off.
    Did you install an afr gauge on your ski?

+1
    I'll let you all know how long I last turning 9k with no retainers.

+1
    Got my 16" fizzle all installed, and dean updated the tune 9300 rpm limiter.

got my wideband / boost gauge installed, and my digital tach.

just got the tunnel sanded and ready for epoxy/ reinforcement tonight.

soon new numbers. Probably not 90 but will get ski dialed in this summer with ride plate shims... then maybe it will take more boost.

exicted to see someone else shooting for similar goal
    Last edited by mittens; 02-19-2020 at 11:38 AM.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information