Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    +1
    So in conclusion there are two major ways to break the 90 mph barrier. Either with an upgraded SC or without one but the considerable difference is how you get there. I assume that the SC way results in more wear on SC itself and the clutch but less wear on the engine due to lower rpms compared to a setup without a modified SC wheel?

Quote Originally Posted by Xxlracer View Post
    So in conclusion there are two major ways to break the 90 mph barrier. Either with an upgraded SC or without one but the considerable difference is how you get there. I assume that the SC way results in more wear on SC itself and the clutch but less wear on the engine due to lower rpms compared to a setup without a modified SC wheel?
    You're pulling both a stock wheel or 17+ to over 9000k rpms. I dont know what you consider safer but that's what's going on

+1
    To me it sounds like spinning stock wheel 9k-9200 will get upper 80s but needs hull shaved for 90--- or can change wheel/fuel supporting parts and do it with more power.

but stock hull, and stock wheel won't cross 90 but get damn close.

+1
    What about the installation of a new SC wheel, Riva Racing claims that you need an electronic torque wrench for correct installation. How did you guys tighten your SC wheel?
    Last edited by Xxlracer; 03-02-2020 at 02:08 PM.

+1
    How did you guys tighten your SC wheel?

1/4 inch Torque deflecting beam. Torqued to 70 inch pounds or 5.8 pounds

Take Care
    C J
    Last edited by cjk6119; 03-01-2020 at 09:08 PM.

What about the installation of a new SC wheel, Riva Racing claims that you need an electric torque wrench for correct installation. How did you guys tighten your SC wheel?
    Installed many with a regular click type. I think they say that to cover themselves from the Joe-blow who's got his grandpa's 1964 torque wrench bouncing around the bottom of his tool box.... .

Quote Originally Posted by yellow jacket View Post
    when u do the hull mod to the fzr does it affect the handling of the ski in turning?
    It wont effect turning much because when you turn you are on mainly the chine of the hull.Where you could see a difference is in a straight line because the area that is milled down is the transition to keel which is used to keep the hull tracking straight.I have seen similar mods done not only to the FZ but to all of the Yamaha hulls and how it effects the ski depends on how much is cut and how fast the ski is traveling.Some of the fastest skis are cut down a whole lot then even reinforced on the inside after.The problem is you cant take say a stock ski and cut a whole lot because the engine would bog down from the water and the tunnel pressure would go so high the ski would try and kill you.Generally speaking the ski is fed more water the faster it goes while monitoring the tunnel pressure and readjusting the handling.Its a balancing act which can be dangerous if you dont know what your doing

+1
    What about the installation of a new SC wheel, Riva Racing claims that you need an electric torque wrench for correct installation. How did you guys tighten your SC wheel?
    Electric torque wrench?? I think you mean electronic. Regardless, you do need a good quality in/lb torque wrench, since you're only torqueing to 70 in/lbs (5.8 ft/lbs). I use a dial type that reads from 0 -150 in/lbs.

+1
    Wonder why such low torque spec?

Quote Originally Posted by mittens View Post
    Wonder why such low torque spec?
    Reverse thread so it's not going to back itself off.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information