Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 67
  1. #11
    YAMAHA POWAAAA !!!!! 1_Fast_SHO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    3,776
    +1
    421
    leave the stock charger, install valve train, spin her to 9200, do the hull mod, get a jims stock plate and that will do it, got plenty of customers over 90 with this set up. good luck

  2. #12
    Chupacobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    1,412
    +1
    425
    Deans Reflash
    Fizzle Intercooler
    Retainers
    Kanaflex Intake
    Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump
    Deans or Jims Ride Plate
    Hull Mod
    R&D or Modded Stock Grate
    Solas 13/20 Pitched to 9000-9200RPM
    Dedicated Water Feed Line to Intercooler

    90-93MPH Easy and Affordable


  3. #13
    mittens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    510
    +1
    40
    My ski has all the above. Other then fuel pump and the "hull mod" I assume you mean shaving the hull infront of the intake grate. Doing tunnel reinforcement now.

    before fizzle it was 84 I plan to remove the shims from ride plate as dean stated it's probably 1mph slower but handles better. So maybe 1 there 2 maybe 3 with intercooler... but still shy of 90 that shaving the hull is not for the faint of heart.

  4. #14
    JFizzleJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    8,783
    +1
    929
    Bring it on down to Florida and we'll get it flying for you!

    Quote Originally Posted by mittens View Post
    My ski has all the above. Other then fuel pump and the "hull mod" I assume you mean shaving the hull infront of the intake grate. Doing tunnel reinforcement now.

    before fizzle it was 84 I plan to remove the shims from ride plate as dean stated it's probably 1mph slower but handles better. So maybe 1 there 2 maybe 3 with intercooler... but still shy of 90 that shaving the hull is not for the faint of heart.

  5. #15
    Xxlracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    40
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupacobra View Post
    Deans Reflash
    Fizzle Intercooler
    Retainers
    Kanaflex Intake
    Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump
    Deans or Jims Ride Plate
    Hull Mod
    R&D or Modded Stock Grate
    Solas 13/20 Pitched to 9000-9200RPM
    Dedicated Water Feed Line to Intercooler

    90-93MPH Easy and Affordable
    Sounds amazing how many hours do you have on your ski so far with this setup?

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_Fast_SHO View Post
    leave the stock charger, install valve train, spin her to 9200, do the hull mod, get a jims stock plate and that will do it, got plenty of customers over 90 with this set up. good luck
    So Stock Supercharger is so Powerfull to produce that much speed ?
    What will be the HP output with an 32 PSi Wheel at 9150 rpm ? should be well over 500 hp i guess

  7. #17

    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    North Carolina on Jordan Lake
    Posts
    367
    +1
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by FAMT View Post
    What will be the HP output with an 32 PSi Wheel at 9150 rpm ? should be well over 500 hp i guess
    If your base HP is 260 hp at 12 psi, than take 32psi-12psi=20psi x 10.9=218HP + 260 base HP =478 HP aprox.
    Now take your stock psi and added the difference of the new theoretical psi wanting to achieve, that will equal 218 hp
    260 stock HP+218HP at 20 psi theoretical HP = apox 478 hp

    Each psi above atmospheric pressure is about 10.9 hp
    Last edited by cjk6119; 02-20-2020 at 10:00 AM.

  8. #18
    Chupacobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    1,412
    +1
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by Xxlracer View Post
    Sounds amazing how many hours do you have on your ski so far with this setup?
    This is the setup I ran on my brother ski. He currently has over 100hrs and is on e85 and 25lbs wheel.

    I believe he put on over 70hrs oh the stock wheel setup.

    Ski currently goes 97-98


  9. #19
    mittens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    510
    +1
    40
    Any strength issues with shaving/ hull mod?

    i ride rivers mostly and it's not rare to bump a floating log/ stick. Or jump a wave.

  10. #20
    when u do the hull mod to the fzr does it affect the handling of the ski in turning?
    Last edited by yellow jacket; 02-21-2020 at 05:33 PM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Reliable, 70+mph Capable Ski with a $5000 Budget?
    By Bakerfish17 in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-23-2019, 08:09 PM
  2. Recipe for reliable 80mph FZR SHO
    By not2fast in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 12-01-2018, 10:05 PM
  3. Who makes the most reliable 3 seater ski that runs over 64 mph
    By driveumhard in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-18-2013, 08:16 PM
  4. Most reliable Yamaha 3 seater that runs over 65 mph?
    By driveumhard in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-29-2011, 10:43 PM
  5. 80+ recipe?
    By Lurker in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-15-2007, 02:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •