97 stx1100 oil line - blockage?

I am installing a rebuilt SBT engine and decided to go thru the carbs and rebuild them at same time. I blew thru the oil lines into carb. One had no restriction the other 2 I could not blow thru at all. I used wire and carb cleaner and got them opened up. Was there a check valve in the oil line inside the carb body on a 97? What is normal restriction or open? During break in running the extra oil in gas plus the pump. Just want to make sure oil lines going into small hole under diaphragm Should have no restriction.

this ski had been super reliable then spark plug came loose toasting engine. Now trying to get everything back to good condition with new engine installed. Used cheap carb rebuild kit now running like crap. Have new kit from SBT coming. Thanks for any help.

+1
    Welcome aboard, Stxray!

To my knowledge, all of the Kawasaki carbs on oil injection engines have the check valves. Actually, they are pop-off valves, meaning that they open at a re-determined pressure, about 4-5 PSI. Without the valves, you can expect oil to flood the engine during storage.

I would only use genuine Keihin carb parts.

Thanks Steve! Guess I messed up the valve poking with a wire. So now either block off or put some external valves in. Think there is a Yamaha valve I can use?

+1
    Yamaha part number 6R3-13183-00-00. Better sit down when you order one--$44 each! 10% discount from GreenHulk if you mention their name.

Thought I would add completion here. Turns out there is a check valve built into the carb assembly where the oil line where line joins carb. I put pop off valve on the lines and they all opened at 3-4 psi so no extra check valves needed.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Stxray View Post
    Thought I would add completion here. Turns out there is a check valve built into the carb assembly where the oil line where line joins carb. I put pop off valve on the lines and they all opened at 3-4 psi so no extra check valves needed.
    Yes, as mentioned in post #2.

Thread Information