Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motec

+1

Motec

Hi All
    Im new to motec and trying to set something up on a yamaha ski. It is news to me that motec doesn't offer a flex fuel option in the Yamaha wave runner package. Yes, i understand the risks of ethanol being hygroscopic and how it could effect or ruin a engine if absorbs to much moisture etc etc. aside from the risks I WANT flex fuel ability. Sometimes long runs I often take have no easy accessibility of getting e85 on the water, so i want to be able to run on pump gas if need be. Does anyone know how, or someone who CAN add this into my package without me having to buy a developer license?

thanks!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakeboardcraze View Post
    Hi All
    Im new to motec and trying to set something up on a yamaha ski. It is news to me that motec doesn't offer a flex fuel option in the Yamaha wave runner package. Yes, i understand the risks of ethanol being hygroscopic and how it could effect or ruin a engine if absorbs to much moisture etc etc. aside from the risks I WANT flex fuel ability. Sometimes long runs I often take have no easy accessibility of getting e85 on the water, so i want to be able to run on pump gas if need be. Does anyone know how, or someone who CAN add this into my package without me having to buy a developer license?

thanks!
    I'd reach out to Nils

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakeboardcraze View Post
    Hi All

thanks!

I inquired about this in 2016 for my turbo seadoo on ethanol. I was told to purchase a developer package!

+1
    That's a load of BS ...so you spend $3k+ on the hardware and aren't allowed to tune for different fuels unless you pay up to get that "unlocked"?

+1
    I agree 100%. Total BS. I bought a Motec and found to many features locked. I have been working on a FuelTech. It got slide lined when my motor rebuilt went sideways. Motec is a nice system, but the Yamaha implementation is lacking.

Robert

+1
    The Haltech setup seems pretty sweet too and more than capable for a ski and more affordable, but I asked and it doesn't sound like they're interested in updating their elite 1500 to work with the newer ecu's?

+1
    I’m pretty sure you can setup a second tune
    And switch to it when needed
    It will still be a problem though when you have a mix of both

+1
    ughh... yes this is very annoying, and a total joke i bought a standalone ecu to CHANGE WHATEVER I WANT, and im locked out of everything... what a joke. i would have just took the time to make haltec or syvecs work if i knew i was spending all this money for nothing. only reason was to speed up the process having a plug and play kit. I will be reaching out to nils again about this one, hopefully he knows a way without another 4k for a developer license. if thats the case ill probably have a motec plug and play kit for sale... lol

+1
    Why not simply go Vipec (LinkECU) if you want stand alone, it doesn't have any license based restrictions and has a great support forum. Vipec is a re-badged Link ECU G4+ so anything that applies to G4+ works with Vipec.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ptscon View Post
    Why not simply go Vipec (LinkECU) if you want stand alone, it doesn't have any license based restrictions and has a great support forum. Vipec is a re-badged Link ECU G4+ so anything that applies to G4+ works with Vipec.
    Is the k line implemented into it for Yamaha ride system? I’ll have to look into it but at this time I already own the motec.. unless someone willing to buy it ?! Lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information