Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by EVN81 View Post
    This thread remind me of some old posts here (which I couldn’t find) where somebody was experimenting with this set up as well and had the experience that the half circlip pushed out the full circlip somehow during full accelerating with all the known effects after. I think it was a modified ski.
    good point. i can see that happening actually, if the hat was pulled backwards. maybe it was making more power and thus creating more suction force than normal during a hard acceleration? maybe the bellows was old and worn out? possibly the c-clip groove on the shaft was worn from corrosion in the past? the 2 o-rings inside the hat could have been worn down from sliding back and forth on a rusted driveshaft surface?

in my case, my bellows are only 2 years old, the main c-clip is brand new and fits very tight in the groove, and i dont have any power mods, and the o-rings inside the hat look like new.

i watched a video of the hat/bellows filmed by a gopro sitting in the bilge of someones ski, and i dont remember seeing the hat move separately of the bellows during acceleration. it stayed pushed against the carbon ring.

not sure if my use of silicone grease on the c-clip/hat are a good idea or a bad idea in that case. i was hoping to prevent any further corrosion of the c-clip groove in the driveshaft, but the grease probably also makes it easier to slide the hat back.
    when the parts do have some corrosion occurring, the hat wouldn't slide back as easily during acceleration. on the other hand, if we can prevent the corrosion of c-clip grove, then we wouldnt have these issues in the first place. hat would seat correctly, and c-clips would be less likely to fall out if they are tight

thoughts?

if the c-clips do fall out, how fast do i sink? lol. ive got TWO 500 gph bilge pumps installed......

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    I mean, its a pain to do but couldnt you just install a spacer/washer rather than another clip?

Sean

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeysevin View Post
    I mean, its a pain to do but couldnt you just install a spacer/washer rather than another clip?

Sean
    Unfortunatly no as the c-clip goes inside the hat once installed.

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by SplishSplash View Post
    Unfortunatly no as the c-clip goes inside the hat once installed.
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

Sean

So the full circle c clip is still working out ? Any water in the bilge? I feel like I had less cavitation with the smaller hat possibly...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information