Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

+1

Water in oil Fx SHO

I got a 09 fx sho and while going on wot I had oil blinking on dash and warning error light. (checked with YDS and it was low oil pressure warning) after 5 mins I tried starting again and drove to shore and after 20mins with the ski switched off I checked the dipstick and was between the minimum and max. The ski worked perfect for about an hour after.

Then I noticed the ski was not revving more then 7k and decided to head back to the slip and till I arrived it wasn't revving more then 6k and I though the clutch was giving up as it is at 240hrs (factory clutch). I tried giving it several WOT but for nothing (to check if it was a clutch issue)

When I got home I tried flushing it and when I tried to start the engine it wasn't starting, after some times and while holding a bit the throttle it started and managed to flush it for few seconds but then it started beeping and I immediately switched closed the water and switched it off ( I figured that it was overheating for some reason) ( no error was found related to the beeps on the YDS)

I checked the supercharger wheel and was turning only one way, then I checked the dipstick and it was milky :/:/:/

Any ideas what to check apart from the oil cooler?
    also I am trying to suck the milky oil from the ski however I keep getting the pipe blocked since the milky stuff is thicker.

Any ideas?

+1
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but this is often a symptom of a cracked head. Interesting you had issues but oil was not over full or milky when first checked (on the water)

guess there are a few other possible issues but a crack in the cylinder head is the one I have seen most often, there were some oil cooler issues on some years I guess hope it’s the cooler not the head.....

+1
    Anyone knows how much psi should I put into the intercooler to test it out for leaks?

+1
    Oil Cooler Check or intercooler
    water passage holding pressure 29 psi
    Last edited by cjk6119; 02-03-2020 at 10:04 AM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cjk6119 View Post
    Oil Cooler Check
    water passage holding pressure 29 psi
    thanks.

ye after the intercooler (as it is the easiest to remove) was gonna check the oil cooler hopefully its one of them :S

+1
    Pull the spark plugs out and turn the engine over see if any of the cylinders shoots out water. Look at the plugs is one wet, or is one look very clean ( been steam cleaned by the water entering the cylinder)in comparison to the others plugs?

You might have a bad head gasket or a cracked head.
    Take the valve cover off and pressurize the coolant system and check around the head bolts for leaks or hairline cracks.

Best of Luck to You, hope it`s nothing major.

Take Care
    CJ
    Last edited by cjk6119; 02-03-2020 at 10:11 AM.

+1
    I hate to say this, but the same thing happened to me. It was a cracked head on my 2014 FX SVHO. I did a top-end rebuilt invested in the WORX cooling upgrade kit (https://www.worx.com.au/products/WR0...ng-Kit-152.htm). Not sure if this would fit your ski, but this helps with cooling the back of the block preventing this issue from occurring.

RIVA has a great video on this:

Stock intercooler is rare to leak. Oil cooler does go bad but usually leaks oil into the water (lake/ocean).

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cjk6119 View Post
    Pull the spark plugs out and turn the engine over see if any of the cylinders shoots out water. Look at the plugs is one wet, or is one look very clean ( been steam cleaned by the water entering the cylinder)in comparison to the others plugs?

You might have a bad head gasket or a cracked head.
    Take the valve cover off and pressurize the coolant system and check around the head bolts for leaks or hairline cracks.

Best of Luck to You, hope it`s nothing major.

Take Care
    CJ
    Hi, thanks for your reply.

I checked the intercooler and held the pressure, tried removing the plugs and turning the engine and nothing came out, all the plugs seem to be slightly rusted when zoomed in
    How do you pressurize the coolant system?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by astro7982 View Post
    I hate to say this, but the same thing happened to me. It was a cracked head on my 2014 FX SVHO. I did a top-end rebuilt invested in the WORX cooling upgrade kit (https://www.worx.com.au/products/WR0...ng-Kit-152.htm). Not sure if this would fit your ski, but this helps with cooling the back of the block preventing this issue from occurring.

RIVA has a great video on this:

Stock intercooler is rare to leak. Oil cooler does go bad but usually leaks oil into the water (lake/ocean).
    According to the instructions they remove the anode :S

+1
    Put a new set of spark plugs in it gapped at .30 and change the oil to get any water out. Any water inside the engine is not good leaving there.

Change plugs
    oil change
    take for short ride

Then get back to us and tell us if there is any water in the oil or engine not performing still.

CJ

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information